Not open for further replies.

paul362

Reaction score
sblinx said:
hello paul ...thanks for your reply

i installed the first two drivers but when i arrive to the third i get this:-

did you get this message??
thanks again

Just a thought ! are you installing these files first ? if not try following these commands first :
To install the required components simply type the following, enter your password and answer the prompt with 'yes'

sudo apt-get install pcscd
sudo apt-get install pcsc-tools

then try the files you downed after that.

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
thanks alot guys

@paul ... that is the order i installed them. the first 2 drivers installed without probs but the third is were i get that message. and to answer your second question i installed the pcscd and tools before

@prenz ... i followed the link and downloaded the file pcsc-lite 1.5.5.tar.bz2. instead of install i did ./configure --enable but it's still not right

oscam does not recognize the reader giving this error
WARNING: value 'pcsc' in protocol-line not recognized, assuming MOUSE
cheers

paul362

Reaction score
Sorry I must of missed that bit about oscam ! I thought that this was only for NewCS ?? maybe thats your problem.

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000, TM6900CS, Ubuntu newcs Omnikey 3121, Triax 1.1m
My Location
UK East Mids
Hi Guys,

If anyone has successfully installed Oscam:

It would be useful to hear how you did it ?

Which card reader you are using. I assume Oscam is with Smargo

Which card(s) can you read with it.

Can Oscam co-exist with Newcs and Omnikey ?

If S1y use the same approach in the UK as they have in Italy we may need to become more expert in Oscam ?

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
@carpet

i'm using Oscam + CCcam (212) working with smargo. the nds3 card is working very stable but with slightly higher ECMs (when compared to the 8000/600 - dev/sci0).

as you can read from my previous posts i am trying to get my omnikey recognized but till now no go. i read on other forums that a few people have managed it but it is not easy (for me at least)

bye

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
sblinx said:
@carpet

i'm using Oscam + CCcam (212) working with smargo. the nds3 card is working very stable but with slightly higher ECMs (when compared to the 8000/600 - dev/sci0).

as you can read from my previous posts i am trying to get my omnikey recognized but till now no go. i read on other forums that a few people have managed it but it is not easy (for me at least)

bye

Hi @sblinx, could you post the instructions for Oscam installation in Ubuntu and mention which cards you are able to read using Oscam. Thanks

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
As far as I can make out from the streamboard forum, pcsc interface is not supported in OSCAM, so the Omnikey reader is not supported. It seems like the Smargo is also hit and miss with few people (and this seems card and reader version dependent) managing to make it work with Smargo. The main problem seems to be to get the reader frequency set correctly and Smargo has only a few preset freq. Most success seems to have been with the Infinity serial (not US:cool: reader.
I have tried all different configurations for the old Sly uk card, but it would not recognise the card - tried many different versions and configurations. The problem at the moment is that a newer versions of OSCAM can (and does) break cards that previously worked, so it is not just a matter of using the latest OSCAM; you have to get a version that works for your card. Currently configuration settings between versions is also not 100% stable. Newer versions require some additional parameters to try and distinguish which card is being used to ensure correct processing.
I have not tried the new sly card yet as I am wary of blowing it up, but it should be more compatible with the sly italy setup and will most likely work with the same version/condifuration as sly italy. I will try it some time when I feel brave or I am forced to make it work.

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
hi guys

this morning i have been testing my other card (0603 _JSR-irdeto) with oscam and smargo. i can report that it works quite well. when the card is in internal slot of my receivers(600/8000) ECMs vary between 0.160-0.175. on my computer and smargo they go up to 0.205 - same with the sky italia card.
these are the cards which should work with oscam:
hxxp://streamboard.gmc.to:8001/wiki/CardsList

and this is my setup on ubuntu 910
oscam_925adv which goes in the var/bin
and the other 3 config files in the usr/local/etc folder

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
sblinx said:
hi guys

this morning i have been testing my other card (0603 _JSR-irdeto) with oscam and smargo. i can report that it works quite well. when the card is in internal slot of my receivers(600/8000) ECMs vary between 0.160-0.175. on my computer and smargo they go up to 0.205 - same with the sky italia card.
these are the cards which should work with oscam:
hxxp://streamboard.gmc.to:8001/wiki/CardsList

and this is my setup on ubuntu 910
oscam_925adv which goes in the var/bin
and the other 3 config files in the usr/local/etc folder

Thanks @sblinx

To get smargo to work with Oscam are there any configuration parameters that need to be edited in ?

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
i have two smargos setup differently.
autoswitch - auto
this setting is were they differ - one is set to normal and the other to dreambox
EGT = 0
T = 0
rgds

wesser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 9150
DM800HD MGcamd
Ubunto Newcs
My Location
uk
Hi guys
I am hoping someone can point me the right direction.
I read at the start of this thread that a tutorial for installing CCcam alongside Newcs was going to follow in this thread.
I have searched this thread from start to finish and cannot find anywhere.

Many Thanks to B16MCC for the excellent tutorial so far. I've no problem setting up Newcs and my omnikeys, I now just need help with MGcamd config and CCcam install.
I have read various tut's on other forums but would like to follow the route of B16MCC's guides as they are the best I have found.

Regards

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
Evening all - I am bit stuck with this, I am up to the part where I can scan the Omnikey and see the card being inserted, that I think is ok.

I have FTPd the newcs.i686.pcsc into my home directory in a folder called newcs and renamed it newcs_167 and FTPd over newcs.xml and they are both sat there I can see them using Ubuntu File Browser

I have tried to run newcs by typing this sudo newcs_167 -C /home/alan/newcs/newcs.xml and it comes back = command not found

I know this is Ubuntu, but what should I be typing - anyone know ?

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
Try this - navigate to the newcs.bin file using cd /var/bin or wherever it is
ls to list the files in that folder
make sure it is executable with chmod 755
./newcs.x86

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
1. Your config file newcs.xml is in a directory 'newcs' below your $HOME directory (from your execute string). Where is the executable? If it is in the same place you have to either 'cd newcs' before execution as per your exec line OR you have to change your exec line to './newcs/newcs_167 .....'.
2. As carrpet suggest, make sure you have chmod'ed the executable to 755. Also be sure to have done a binary ftp of the executable, otherwise it will not run.

coelhomd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX
My Location
POA
I have problems finding Smargo Smartreader+ drivers for debian. When I run pcsc this is what I get

debian:~# pcsc_scan
PC/SC device scanner
V 1.4.14 (c) 2001-2008, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr>
Compiled with PC/SC lite version: 1.4.101
Scanning present readers
SCardListReader: Cannot find a smart card reader. (0x8010002E)
Waiting for the first reader...

Can someone help me?

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100CM Motorised Dish:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
shumifan50 said:
1. Your config file newcs.xml is in a directory 'newcs' below your $HOME directory (from your execute string). Where is the executable? If it is in the same place you have to either 'cd newcs' before execution as per your exec line OR you have to change your exec line to './newcs/newcs_167 .....'.
2. As carrpet suggest, make sure you have chmod'ed the executable to 755. Also be sure to have done a binary ftp of the executable, otherwise it will not run.

It was a Permissions problem, in the end I right clicked the Icon of newcs_167 on the Properties / Permissions Tab there is a check box for "Allow Executing File as Program" - I ticked that and by Double Clicking the Icon off we went, newcs up and running and available on Port 8080 - Lovely, thanks to you both.

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100CM Motorised Dish:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
B16MCC said:
yes mate, I have. I'll add another tute soon. Now I've got the CCCCC 0.5.3 out I'll write the CCcam tutorial this week.

Didst thou ever get around to this ?

Anyone know

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
Hi Guys,

I have now got Oscam (rvn 1972) up and running on Ubuntu with a Smargo and 0963 - seems very stable with ecm of 250ms versus 105ms with Newcs / Omnikey
I have a number of questions which I hope you guys can help me answer !
Will the 0963 update if I have Mgcamd configured on my Dm8000 as I would for auto update via Newcs in Ubuntu ?
Sblinx - did you get the omnikey working with Oscam ? If so can we have som more details ?
How do you get the web interface to work with Oscam ?

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
Hi Guys,

I now have Oscam (rvn 1972) up and running on Ubuntu with an Omnikey and 0963 - seems very stable with ecm of 100ms (same as Newcs)
Will the 0963 update if I have Mgcamd configured on my Dm8000 as I would for auto update via Newcs in Ubuntu ?
How do you get the web interface to work with Oscam ?

Status
Not open for further replies.