mfaraj57

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
win xp
dreambox
My Location
jordan
Hi
this software can play dreambox on pc within lan and as web streamer to receive stream anywhere by simple steps

_http://www.4shared.com/file/117369127/13dfdfd1/_2__tunisia-sat_dreambox_player_and_streamer5.html

AFUFUSHANTYCAT

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Gemini 4.2.0
My Location
US
Nice one man, I got it working on my iphone. I might need to change the quality a little but it works.

Only problem is.... Is there any way to change the channel on dreamview remotely?

I can change the channel on my dreambox but it has no bearing on dreamview

thanks

AFUFUSHANTYCAT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Gemini 4.2.0
My Location
US
Was using vlc4iphone but just got dreamview stream to work on Orb as well and found that the be more reliable.

pavana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
D7000S
My Location
UK
Hi,
can you explain how you got dreamview to work with orb for streaming?
Or point me to an explanation on the web?

Thanx,

Pavana

ben11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox, Showtime,BFBS,Nova,Nilesat, satellite broadband
My Location
Cyprus
Hi there

is it possible to send this service out to many people and all be able 2 view seperate channels or do they all have to view the same channel

Thanks in advance

ben11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox, Showtime,BFBS,Nova,Nilesat, satellite broadband
My Location
Cyprus
Hi there

is it possible to send this service out to many people and all be able 2 view seperate channels or do they all have to view the same channel

Thanks in advance

ruddyrum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
Motorised Dish
My Location
UK
You can send it out to as many people as your bandwidth can cope with! Will have to be the same channel though unless you have multiple devices/tuners.

ruddyrum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
Motorised Dish
My Location
UK
You can send it out to as many people as your bandwidth can cope with! Will have to be the same channel though unless you have multiple devices/tuners.

munnabahi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
asdasdsa
My Location
sdasad
where can i download dreamview 0.1.4

_www.usbhell.deephit.com this site is nto working for me.. i also register it but didnt work. plz help

njies01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
staffordshire
Hi

Is it possible to stream from one dm500 to another? The reason I ask is because I have one dm500 (downstairs) connected to my dish and the other is in my bedroom where there is no satelite (LNB cable connection)

Rather than running a satelite cable upstairs or watch the stream on a PC I was thinking of streaming the channels directly to the second dm500 in my bedroom.

Thanks In advance

Klajdi_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Shearching on google
My Location
Albania
Hello.
I want to stream over 50 Pc to LAN. Please, what hardware I may use for that purpose?

thank you

nikos21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox500
My Location
europe
Thank you very much

mehbs23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream box set up and sharing
My Location
london uk
can somebody help me to set cccam on dream box 500s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
Hey DBFan's - just wanted to add my short contribution.
The below script can be run at any point on my Debian Lenny Linux 'server' that is local to the dreambox.

It uses WGET to grab the current channel descriptor from the dreambox (I'm using a Pli-Jade image on a DM600) and whacks this in the /tmp directory.
The content of the file in /tmp is then read into a variable, then starts up command-line vlc (clvc) to the 'true' dreambox feed, transcodes it down (currently using wmv/wma codecs) and squirts it back out using HTTP.

This means I can watch using my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone using Coreplayer/TCPMP around the house. Stream is currently about 500k with audio and video, any lower and it doesn't seem to work well on the phone, although connecting with a PC-VLC client is OK. Again, like the OP, YMMV and you can tinker with the bitrate/codecs to suite, but works OK for me.

Requirements:
WGET
vlc/cvlc
bash.

Installation:
1) Copy the code into a text file, probably in your home-dir and call it something memorable, e.g. streammybox.sh .
2) Change the bits in GREEN to suite your requirements.
3) chmod the file to be executable, e.g. chmod +x streammybox.sh

Usage:
From the console, type sh streammybox.sh
Note, VLC doesn't like being run as root, so use a suitable 'user' level account.
On your device, connect to URL http://SERVERIP:8080

Code:
#!/bash/bin
wget --http-user=[COLOR="lime"]dreamboxuser[/COLOR] --http-password=[COLOR="lime"]dreamboxpass[/COLOR] http://[COLOR="lime"]dreamboxip[/COLOR]/video.m3u -O /tmp/video.m3u
CHAN=`cat /tmp/video.m3u`
cvlc -vvv $CHAN --sout="#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=400,scale=1,width=400,height=240,acodec=wma2,ab=96,channels                                   =2,samplerate=44100}:std{access=http,mux=asf,dst=[COLOR="lime"]SERVERIP[/COLOR]:8080}"

Note, you can't change channels or anything like this, but its great if you need to pop to the kitchen part way through a programme and don't want to pause. Easy, quick and rapid.
Also, this is configured for my WVGA phone (width=400,height=240) but you can tweak this to your screens resolution if you need to.

calcio90

Reaction score
Vinniek said:
Here's a simple way to stream sat channels from your Dream Box to the net.

You will need only a couple of bits of software and to be honest VLC Player can do it by itself, dreamView is a front end for it and makes life a lot easier (especially changing channels).

I can pick up the stream on my PDA when I'm out if I can find a a wireless network and I also stream footy to my mate on a Saturday afternoon. I've got 4mb NTsmell and the settings used in the tut work fine and I can leave it streaming all day long.

You will need a DNS IP and a router and your PC needs to be on all the time to transcode the stream.

Vinnie (Cookie)
hi Thank you for this toturial, can you please explain where to install vlc and dreamview in the pc connected to router where dream box or in the other pc hwere from i want to watch stream ......

pupolino

Reaction score
Website
www.cuca.ch
My Satellite Setup
MIrage with TVCabo
My Location
Switzerland
Hallo to everyone

I'm very sorry for the question, there is any manual to stream from my D500+ to the PC (over internet)?
I've already tried everything, but still doesn't work.
I have the Portuguese TVCabo and I my is there any Manual to put it working?

Many thanks
Pupolino

griffinpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
1mtr dish with motor
I7 920 6Gb Ram
My Location
Malta
This is the correct way to do it:
PC: 192.168.1.10
DB: 192.168.1.2

On PC launch Dreamview.
Options, Preferences, Connections: Enter ip address of DB: 192.168.1.2 & username & password

Choose Options, Preferences, Server Output
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp1v,vb=256,scale=0.5,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=1}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=http,mux=mpeg1,dst=192.168.1.10:1234}} :sout-all

Choose Stream, Output, Server Output
Choose Stream, Output, Start Output

Choppy video will follow - that's ok.

On PC lauch VLC Player 0.8.5
File, Open Network Stream
Under HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS Url: 192.168.1.10:1234 (this is what Dreamview is feeding us)

Now choose Stream/Save, Settings
Check Play Locally, HTTP 192.168.1.10 Port 8080
Encapsulation Method - Mpeg 1
Check Video Codec, mp1v, Bitrate 256, Scale 0.5
Check Audio Codec, mp3, Bitrate 64, Channels 1
Check Select All Elementary Streams

Ok and you're done. Both Dreamview and VLC have to be running at the same time - do not close any of them.

Now set up router so that from the outside you can access 192.168.1.10 on port 8080 (should be pointing to your PC running Dreamview and VLC not Dreambox)

To test from the inside, you can use another machine (could be VM with IP 192.168.1.20) with VLC to test.

All you have to do is open VLC, File, Open Network Stream (on another PC with IP 192.168.1.20)
Under HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS URL: 192.168.1.2 Port: 8080

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Am back doing this again, seems a bit more stable than the last time I did this, plus I have higher upload so can run higher quality streams. Does anyone have a solution for automatically restarting the transcoding being done by VLC when you change channel? I've got the stream working well on my Desire, and there are apps to control the box remotely. Just need a way of restarting the stream. I can do it via remote VNC but it is very long winded!

pixelworks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD, Mac
My Location
Sweden
PLEASE HELP!!

I have been trying to get this to work for ages now - my situation is that I'm on a Mac and therefore can't use DreamView.

Could som kind sole please make me a step by step guide as of how to set this up with a Dreambox 800HD and VLC 1.1.0 so that I can access my streamed/transcoded tv signal on the LAN?

I have forwarded the following ports:

80 -> Dreambox
21 -> Dreambox
8001 -> local pc running transcoding VLC
8080 -> local pc running transcoding VLC
1234 -> local pc running transcoding VLC

Both Dreambox and PC are on a wireless LAN. I have set up a DNS (DynDns), and can get a hold of my Dreambox Webcontrol outside my LAN.

What do I need to do, to get this to work?

Thanks in advance!