Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
That would work fine. Just make sure its a second hand one so that you're not forced to have it connected to the phone line.

Methos.

pietnoeck

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi!,

How old is old. 12 months or less so to not to have a phone connection.
And if I buy a new one (i like the new 3100 model) can I get a normal sub (no sky+) without the phoneline connection for the first 12 months ?

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
It doesnt matter how old the box is, if you dont buy it new your not forced to connect it to the phone line. Theoretically you could buy one thats a day old but youve bought it second hand.
If you buy a new box you have to connect it regardless of whether you have the SKY+ sub or not.

Methos.

pietnoeck

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so second hand means that it has been connected to the phone and activated that way, or anyway that the previous owner has activated the box.

harmio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well here is my story..hehe.. a few weeks ago i went to my local comet because the manager ( a mate of mine ) was closing it down and had a load of stuff he could give me dirt cheap.

i came out with :
a brand new pace digibox
an old pace digibox
a sky + box .. ... lol

as you can imagine i was over the moon,, assuming i could use the sky+ to record programs from a connection to eutelsat 13e so i could then record armenian tv which i love to watch...... i was surprised that i had to activate the record facility as i assumed the £10 a month was for sky+ as a full service..not just the pvr ( Surely, had i paid full for it, i would have already paid £300 for that!!)..

simple questions:

1. i have established that i cannot use the box as a basic pvr/// is this final? are there any custom hardware/software hacks or something to do this?

2. does anyone want these boxes lol...they are all shop demo models so i presume the sky+ was never activated on it.. the pace one is brilliant though.. its locked to my card at the mo..

anyone able to help? i hate looking at the sky+ box sat there defunct in my room thinking...urrgg!!

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
No hacks i'm afraid. To use the PVR functions you would indeed have to have it activated by SKY thus causing you to pay a further 10GBP a month.

Methos