Humax 5400z patched?

A

alanwaddle72

sorry not sure if this is the right forum but here goes anyway...

i am about to buy Humax 5400z patched, to use for 6in1 fun cards.
is there anything i should take into account about the pacthed cam b4 buying, eg what is the difference between allcam and freecam?

what is the best site to buy this receiver?

and btw, what is the difference between humax 5400z, and humax 5400?

thanks for any help in advance!

marko

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
As for the 6 in 1 files for a hummie, there is a difference between the freecam 1 and the patched hummie. both versions are usually together when you download (chose file for hummie). Diff between allcam & freecam is who's writing what files for what?
and Freecam is far more popular (in fact not seen many allcam files) as for hummie 5400 ver 5400z a year ago all the talk was
that the z ver was dogshite/grey import .The 5400 was a hardwired patch,(designed by GOD i meem PHiLL) where the 5400z was then found to have a firmware/software patch
recognised by Humax (so warrenty still valid) and cheaper to patch.

raz247

Reaction score
My Location
West London
>> Burnt Chips: Freecam is far more popular (in fact not seen many allcam files)

i'm about to buy a humax 5400 with an allcam patch, does this mean i will have difficulty using silver/fun cards with this receiver?

cheers
Raz.

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
As far as i know you might (see if they will flash it to freecam)
supplier: I had same with my Irdeto allcam , and got em to flash it to freecam

raz247

Reaction score
My Location
West London
this is all news to me.

I thought allcam would emulate the following formats

Seca 1 & 2
Viaccess 1 & 2
Irdeto 1 & 2
Nagravision
Betacrypt
TPScrypt

using the right 5in1, 6in1 or even 8in1 programmed card of course.

Is this correct - I want to get as many channels as i can for the footy?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that this is probably a confusion over names, there was an old irdeto cam patch called Allcam, but it was updated to Freecam, the Humax multiprovider patch is I believe, still called Allcam, or possibly +cam, but does the same number of providers as the Freecam.

I'm not too well versed on the Humax, but i'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

PS. They are fairly easy to flash anyway if they have an older version, but by nature of it being the newer model of receiver, I would imagine it has a later version

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Just checked with a mate with a hummie and your correct Big R. The (allcam) denoted with the 5400z is really (freecam) and the 5/6in 1 files files for hummies all work on this basis.So no problems with the files (not got any info on the 8 in 1). DAVE.

raz247

Reaction score
My Location
West London
phew - thats put my mind at ease.

The Humax i'm getting has AllCam and does the same number of providers as the Freecam version.

thanks for all your help guys :)

f_200

Reaction score
hi to all would you please help me and you send me the all patced file to update my receiver humax 5400z.

thanks.