Humax HDC2000 + Dragon Crypt and Pred 3.46 - HELP!

smug68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDC-2000
My Location
cambridge UK
Dear All,
Firstly, thanks for running this forum as i'm a complete newbie to this Sat world and learning every day.
I've got a static dish set to receive Astra 1 and Astra 2, I've updated the firmware on the Humax and can receive the BBC HD signal. I've downloaded the update channel list and added the ITV HD signal settings, and that is now available, even though nowt was being broadcast on it last night - just got the test page :)
I've purchased a Dragon Cam and Loader card. The PCMCIA card has a dragon sim card in it, and have gone into the Humax CI slot and loaded the software. However, I'm now stuck. How do you get the Pred code to work? Is there a handy guide anywhere than can step through a newbie?

Cheers
Rod

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
That file is way out of date. The last one is Predator 368, and will open Pr*miere on Astra 19E (until they change encryption soon).

Llew

smug68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDC-2000
My Location
cambridge UK
thankyou for the reply, i have downloaded the latest pred and now need to work out how to get it on the card. I have a aloader card as well, and when i plug the unit into my laptop it is recognised as a dragon device, but of course i need the drivers and some s/w to put the pred onto the card. could you point me in the right place?

cheers
rod

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
AFAIK you can't program a Dragon on a laptop. Use a programmer like the Infinity USB or better still a CAS 2+ or CAS 3 from duolabs.

smug68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDC-2000
My Location
cambridge UK
Hi all,

Now got the usb loader and have successfully loaded the new pred s/w.
Have used the loader card and uploaded to my humax.
How do i tell the humax to use the pred s/w on channels. I've seen screenshots in the forum where "Pred" is displayed when you press the "i" on the remote control. All my channels never mention pred.

cheers
rod

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Predator is only displayed when you enter the Dragon Cams menu.
You do this by accessing your CI on the receiver using your remote control, normally you only do this to manually update the keys using the debug option.
If you have loaded Predator 368 onto your Cam you do not need to do this as Premiere 19E, Polsat 13E and Digi TV 1W, are all AU, Auto Updating, leave the receiver tuned to a channel in the package and it should Auto Update the keys within a few minutes.

smug68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDC-2000
My Location
cambridge UK
Many thanks, I'm logged onto either Astra 1 or Astra 2. Its a static dish at the moment, and signal strength is 98%. Is there a channel on either these sats?
cheers
rod