Humax hdci2000 HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjuk28

Reaction score
Hi all
i have not been on this forum for yonks
have lived in states for last two years and my 2000 was packed away in a box.
It has the original firmware with the original BBC HD patch and BBC HD still works fine.
problem is i have forgotten how to do everything with regards locating, installing firmware to get it up to date and also have no i dea how to get the ITV HD channel on.

i have a lead for the receiver to the pc.
What i need is some kind soul to go through it in its simplicity and entirity from start to finish.
I have trawled this site but it is all in dribs and drabs and in bits and pieces so a novice cant understand the full procedure.

If anyone can help i would be most grateful
Cheers dudes
CJ

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
What is your firmware version at present?

Also, channel lists are specific to the kind of dish installation you have. Motorised or fixed?

Do you have the Formula and WDN4OAK software on your PC for uploading firmware and channel lists?

Llew

cjuk28

Reaction score
firmware is 1.00.04 and i have a fixed dish 28 east

i am sure i have formula somewhere??? and also wdn4oak too

just need a liitle point in the right direction. lol

please help
cj

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Your firmware is way out of date. The 'latest' FW is 1.00.16 (no new FW has been introduced since last year, Humax appears to have washed its hands of anything concerning the HDCI2000).

Use WDN4OAK+ to update your FW. Connect your null modem cable between the box and your PC.

In WDN4OAK, select your COM port, select the firmware you want to upload, turn your receiver off at the back, click the Download button, then turn your box back on and wait for the upload to finish.

For uploading a new channel list, use the Formula application. In that, click on the Open button and select your channel list. Wait for 'Calculation' to finish adding the channel list to Formula.

Click on the STB button. Turn the box off as before, and click on 'Download to STB', then switch the box back on.

My channel list is attached, but it's pretty old now - you will have to rescan TP's for up to date channels.

Llew

Attachments

• Channel_List_Diseqc_1_With_ITVHD.zip
    101.1 KB · Views: 164

cjuk28

Reaction score
Cheers Buddy
will give it a go later today
CJ

nmacwarbirds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Norfolk
Dear Lew
I uploaded your motorised channel list some while a go.
Thank you very much fore that, by the way.

I need to remove some channels so that, I can make room to rescan
Thor for some new channels, which I think my Diablo will handle.

The default password in the Humax seems to have been changed,
is that correct and if so can you tell me what it is please.

Would it be best if I installed firmware 11 on the Humax.

And finally are there any books that you could recommend,
so that I could get a better understanding of this satellite malarkey.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Regards Phil G.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Phil, you can reset your password by choosing System Status in the Menu, then use this sequence of button presses on your remote to access the Hidden Menu -

Red-Green-Yellow-Blue-Yellow-Green-Red.

Delete channels by calling them up in the Edit Channels Menu, choosing those you wish to delete and pressing the Blue button on your remote. Or you can do it using Formula.

FW 11 was reportedly better for the Thor HD high SR channels, but since they are not clearing now with the Diablo, I haven't bothered myself.

No specific books come to mind that might help you learn the basics, most satellite stuff can easily be found online, or of course our forum!

Llew

nmacwarbirds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Norfolk
Dear All
Another question if you don't mind please.
It is my understanding that Thor and Intelsat 10-12
are co-located. When I scan for channels, the scan is set to all transponders, I do not get any of the Digi channels.

On the Humax satellite list there is a facility called user defined, if I knew the settings for Intelsat 10-12
or any sat for that matter, could I add extras sats to the list.

Can anyone help with this please.

Regards Phil G.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm a little rusty on the Humax HD box now, having moved on to other stuff, but I believe I didn't add the DigiTV channels to my Diseqc 1.0 list because they were not at the time openable, also the channel limit for the Humax database was approaching maximum. The latter case may also apply in the case of Laural's Diseqc 1.2 list, but don't quote me.

To add the DigiTV TP's, you click on Transponders in the Search menu. In the drop-down list go to the bottom to User Defined, and add the individual transponders for DigiTV to do a scan.

Not sure now what the maximum number of satellites that you can add to the database, but yes you can name a new satellite using the on-screen keyboard, then scan for known transponders for your new satellite as above.

nmacwarbirds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Norfolk
Dear Llew

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I looked on Lyngsat and it mentioned something about spot 3.
I clicked on it and it implied I have a large enough dish to receive this sat.
It also mentions the KU band, I take it the Humax can handle that?

Regards Phil G.

nmacwarbirds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Norfolk
Dear llew
Thank you for all your advice, I have made some serious progress today.
All Digi transponders were added, and their channels are all now scanned in.

Once again, thank you for all your help.

Regards Phil G.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nmacwarbirds said:
Dear Llew

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I looked on Lyngsat and it mentioned something about spot 3.
I clicked on it and it implied I have a large enough dish to receive this sat.
It also mentions the KU band, I take it the Humax can handle that?

Regards Phil G.

Yes, you shouldn't have problems with DigiTV where you are on Spot3 of 1W. It's all ku band stuff that you'll be receiving on your box. Unless you want to go C-band, but that will require a much larger dish and associated C-Band LNB. Strictly for dedicated enthusiasts that.

Glad you're up and running OK now :)

Llew

kobra1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
jhkhhkhkhkh
My Location
hkhkhk
Your firmware is way out of date. The 'latest' FW is 1.00.16 (no new FW has been introduced since last year, Humax appears to have washed its hands of anything concerning the HDCI2000).

Use WDN4OAK+ to update your FW. Connect your null modem cable between the box and your PC.

In WDN4OAK, select your COM port, select the firmware you want to upload, turn your receiver off at the back, click the Download button, then turn your box back on and wait for the upload to finish.

For uploading a new channel list, use the Formula application. In that, click on the Open button and select your channel list. Wait for 'Calculation' to finish adding the channel list to Formula.

Click on the STB button. Turn the box off as before, and click on 'Download to STB', then switch the box back on.

My channel list is attached, but it's pretty old now - you will have to rescan TP's for up to date channels.

Llew
THANK YOU

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
^^