Humax R.I.P

ddave

Reaction score
i realise this might be a simple question for all you bright folk, but i have an Humax F1 VACI which has no picture and displaying - - - 1.
The front buttons dont work neither does the RC.
Is this a power supply prob or main board, and where can i get a circuit diag from, tried Humax no go.

cheers in advance
DD

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Might be best to leave it in somewhere and have it looked at.

bulbous

Reaction score
If you are keen , know what you are doing and have an appropriate soldering iron , tools etc. , you could try replacing the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply. This action cures most faults in Humax power supplies. Whether you repair it yourself or send it out for repair , ensure that the replacement capacitors are rated at 105 degrees C or better. You may find an enthusiast with the appropriate skills far cheaper than a service organisation. Sorry - I am in Australia or I would fix it for you.......

ddave

Reaction score
Thx for the quick answers.

For several years i have been an engineer and had an idea that it was an electrolytic, prob a small value as these are the usual culprits. I have the corect tools but not the circuit layout / diagram.

I will have to check the voltages from the PS one by one and with any luck find the Bu***r.

If its the main board i will bin it and start again.

Cheers and if anyone can tell me why the display is showing error 1, i would like to find out what it means.

DD