I cannot get the correct audio

davidsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Greek free to air channels via Hotbird
My Location
England
I have been receiving ERT satellite broadcasts for many years and have changed the frequencies whenever the satellite has been changed

For some reason I cannot get the correct audio when retuning. I get a good video image but the audio is a mix of two Greek radio channels at the same time!

I normally check with the Lyngsat website to check the tuning and this is my latest setting via the Hotbird satellite:

FREQUENCY 11642
POLARISATION H
SYMBRATE/MBAUD 27500
FEC 3/4

Anyone know? These are the only settings that show on my (old) Pace receiver and there are no other audio tuning settings on this equipment. I use a switcherbox that clicks from normal Sky viewing onto the other (larger) dish

I am able to tune in the HellasTV and Holiday in Greece channels on the same satellite - both work OK with video/audio

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Moved this post out of the thread in the Big Links section.

You cannot change the audio pid on a Sky digibox I'm afraid (I;m guessing that is what your pace box is), you will need a FTA digital receiver.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It might be worth changing the default audio in the SERVICES - 3 menu. Theres half or dozen or so to try in there to try.. It wont make any difference unless you watch EuroNews a lot :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thought about that (just after you posted) :), but I think it will only work where the box has a list of audio pids and I'm not sure that the digibox will do that on "other channels". :)

davidsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Thx Rolf + Analoguesat. It is an old Sky Pace Digibox so no obvious fine audio tuning seems available. Sorry - but what is PID? (newbie q)

analogue suggests changing the default audio in services 3? Would this affect other channels that are tuned in and working OK? Dont want to upset anything.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
davidsat said:
Thx Rolf + Analoguesat. It is an old Sky Pace Digibox so no obvious fine audio tuning seems available. Sorry - but what is PID? (newbie q)

analogue suggests changing the default audio in services 3? Would this affect other channels that are tuned in and working OK? Dont want to upset anything.

PID is technical term - you get video and audio pids (plus a few other ones that arent important)

Try it and see - but if other services are transmitting alternative sound tracks quite possibly. You dont ahbe anything to lose though - you can always reset it.

Think seriously about buying a cheap fta non sky digital receiver. You will be glad you did!

davidsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Thx again. We only use our other satellite dish in order to pick up one main channel = ERT the Greek FTA one so its not worth buying another receiver (apart from clutter on top of existing Sky Digibox + DVD recorder underneath!)

As explained- we receive the Hotbird channels (13 deg E) via our Sky Pace receiver by use of a switcher. If I was to click on the 'default audio' in Services 3 as suggested- would this have any negative effect on my Sky channels (although they come through the Sky dish)?

Its no problem to delete and reset the ERT channel through setup mode but I dont want to upset any audio settings that may cause any probs with my Sky stuff. It seems weird that other foreign channels are OK on video + audio - this ERT drives me nuts with a garbled mixed up radio feed instead of the proper audio.

I do appreciate your late night help!

David

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No it won't hurt anything, it will only change the audio on channels where there is a choice, as AS says. Try it and see, if it doesn't work, change it back. :)