80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
180cm Dish for 38.5 moved to Astra
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
My DB 5620 is either fatally wounded or just very sick.
During an image flash over the network, something happened and I had to reboot the DB.
On rebooting I have moving digits on the screen which display "boot 5620" continuously.
I tried to do a serieal cable flash and was able to connect but when I tried to actually flash it gives the message that it is downloading and does not continue.
I have disconnected everything with exception of the Serial and the LAN cable from the DB.
If I try and start and press on the down button and hold it in for about a half a minute nothing happens.
Do I need to hold it longer or how do I erase the image in the DB and start afresh.
As usual HELP

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Don't panic, yet ! Disconnect the lan cable, connect only the serial lead. Start dreamup, untick 'use network', try again. If no luck, try dreamup5600. Regards.

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
Thanks
I did not unplug the power cord during earlier attempts and now iti is up and running

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
edsatil said:
Thanks
I did not unplug the power cord during earlier attempts and now iti is up and running

I hate to say it, but it is all in the idiot guide my friend....RTFM

The Dreambox is a sturdy box, I don't think we have had many here which have been "killed" yet

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
I am in DB Heaven
Have put a second computer in the room where the DB is and am now able to play with all kinds of goodies.
The next step is to eliminate the card adaptor and plug irdeto card into the slot directly without the cam. Any advice on the best way to do this,, TG I am sure it exists somewhere in the idiot guide.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
edsatil said:
I am in DB Heaven
Have put a second computer in the room where the DB is and am now able to play with all kinds of goodies.
The next step is to eliminate the card adaptor and plug irdeto card into the slot directly without the cam. Any advice on the best way to do this,, TG I am sure it exists somewhere in the idiot guide.

:-laugh Nope, I don't think this is covered in the guide. But tell you what, lets find out and add this!

Now, what exactly do you want to do? You want to remove the original Dreambox slot so you can use a different module? Give us some more details.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Here's my advice - check out the 'where to stick it' sticky in the idiots guide and find a SCAM that decode the encryption your card works with i.e. conax, irdeto, etc.

Load the SCAM and try your card in the slot - it should work!