Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi all.

I want to put a dish in my front garden for Express AM22 53e. My other dishes are in the back garden, but the house blocks anything beond 30E. I already have a 1.2m and 90cm in the back garden. So I want to make the dish in the back garden as invisible as possible. I understand that you can get AM22 with a 80cm dish. Has anyone got any ideas? I will soon be redeveloping the front garden so I guess I have more options. If anyone has managed to blend their dish in please advise me :) I guess a transparent dish will stick out more than a painted solid.

Cheers

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Is it actually possible to get a transparent dish??? If not i recommend putting the dish against a fence and painting it the same colour.:)

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi.
Thanks for that

It is possible to get a transparant dish, satsuperstore sell them. I'm not sure how they would look in a garden. Yes, it would be possible to put the dish by the fence and paint it to blend in with plants etc. I made the mistake of painting my 1.2m and 88cm green then painted the fence brown lol. Need to paint the dishes brown instead.

I just need to see pics of what people have done to blend there dishes into the garden. Just to get some idea. But it seems no one wants to post their pics, or no one wants to hide the dish :p

Cheers

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi

Thanks for that.

The dish is a 80cm, to go in the garden (next to the fence, in the flower bed) Just wish there was something you could cover the dish with without reducing the signal. Like the cubsat thing, which would be too small for Am22.

Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Try sticking a green or brown bin bag over it! :D You shouldnt get too much much signal loss

vmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nss6 (65cm) Optus B3,C1,B1,Pas8,Pas2,I701 (85cm) All Offset.
Experimenting on 1.2mtr C-band.
My Location
Sydney, Australia
I know this is an old thread but....
Here are some beauties from down under, we're a very clever lot ya know.
If you can make it blend in great or just keep it low to the roof.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
If your dish is going in the front garden in say a flower bed why not paint it, or get someone who can paint, to cover it with flowers or bushes whatever is local to the dish.
Remember seeing someones dish done this way and it was nearly invisible.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I like the way the porpoises on the first picture above, cunningly blend into the garage wall. :-lmao

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
One of few nations on the planet with enough 'garden' space in some cases to put up a 60mtr dish without anyone knowing, and they do the artistic thing instead. God bless those lovely Austrailians :D

L.:)

vmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nss6 (65cm) Optus B3,C1,B1,Pas8,Pas2,I701 (85cm) All Offset.
Experimenting on 1.2mtr C-band.
My Location
Sydney, Australia
Well, I did see a 2.3mtr C-band dish camoflauged with the typical military paint job, splatters of jungle green & sahara brown all on a nice black mesh frame. But it really stuck out 'cause it was on a major road and out in the open.
Didn't quite work well as expected. Duh!