i Though Dragon Cam Had Embedded files

ciaran

Reaction score
hopefully when my learning curves over ill not have a go a newbies making silly posts like this.

it was my belief that the dragon cam (FUN7) covered all the major encryptions and had them embeded in the predator chip and therefore didnt need the manual input of hex files.

i cant seem to get a correct answer on this. does anybody actually know?

there is absolutely no information on any forums regarding the manual inputing of codes to the STB with dragon CAM, this is why i thought it was automatic.

is this the case or not.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
ciaran said:
hopefully when my learning curves over ill not have a go a newbies making silly posts like this.

it was my belief that the dragon cam (FUN7) covered all the major encryptions and had them embeded in the predator chip and therefore didnt need the manual input of hex files.

i cant seem to get a correct answer on this. does anybody actually know?

there is absolutely no information on any forums regarding the manual inputing of codes to the STB with dragon CAM, this is why i thought it was automatic.

is this the case or not.

What receiver are you using? There should be a code menu to update files, or the possibility of patching the receiver with latest updates. The Dragon cam like any cam needs the latest keys to function properly.

ciaran

Reaction score
i am using a humax 8100.

i assumed the keys were included in the firmware (ie predator 2.2) that is downloaded to the cam.....

the plot thickens eh.

so i also need keys in order to view encrypted channels with my FUN7......

tell me more...............

where, when, how

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
ciaran said:
i am using a humax 8100.

i assumed the keys were included in the firmware (ie predator 2.2) that is downloaded to the cam.....

the plot thickens eh.

so i also need keys in order to view encrypted channels with my FUN7......

tell me more...............

where, when, how

Can't advise on your particular receiver, but if it has CI slots then you need to program a card with the latest files. Toecutters should have files for Fun7 etc.

ciaran

Reaction score
so clear this up for me.........is programming the dragon loader card with predator 2.2 and then downloading these files to the cam not enough ?(which is what i have done).

nobody seems to be able to give a straight answer.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ciaran said:
so clear this up for me.........is programming the dragon loader card with predator 2.2 and then downloading these files to the cam not enough ?(which is what i have done).

Have you loaded the module into your receiver correctly?

Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module. Insert this into a receiver
and turn on the receiver. make sure you are tuned to an FTA channel.

Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual porgress percentage,
select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....

When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader
card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
ciaran said:

Yes the CAM alone should be enough, but it will depend on the currency of th embedded keys as to what you will be able to view.

ciaran

Reaction score
cheers rolf.

it sounds like ive done everything right so far. no idea why im not gettin any channels.\

what does the currency of the embedded keys mean?

cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, could have put that better, I meant whether they are the very latest or not. :)

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi
Am still using Preditor 2.19,been to lazy to change to 2.20.
Since the begining of August have only had to change two sets of keys ie:
Canal+ and TPS a couple of days agow.

ciaran

Reaction score
i am using predator 2.2.................so i have the latest files uploaded to the cam and they appear on the CI.

i am only trying to view on astra at the minute......i assume there should be plenty of stuff that can be decrypted on astra with the encryptions supported by the dragon cam............

no idea why it isnt showing. would i get a better idea if im getting any stuff decrypted if i pointed at another satellite.

as for this key stuff.

there seems to be keys already present under settings (nagra) and debug (various) options on the STB. there also exists the option for changing these....

i dont think this is the problem at the moment............but if this did occur where would these keys be available?

cheers.

this is like being back at school.

ciaran

Reaction score
one other thing.........

i just want to make sure that i am loading the cam with the right files.

i see that there are several files in the predator 2.2 zip folder.

.dra
.bin
.IDS

and FUN7LDR.HEX

so far i have just been loading the .dra files to the CAM via the loader card.....

are these the right files.....why so many files in the folder if the dra files are only loaded?

p.s it is fun7 dragon that i have.

dmm

Reaction score
CIARAN

.dra you should use yep - if you need to know what channels you'd see then go to www.kingofsat.net you'll see whats clear and encrypted - if you can view any that they have listed as encrypted then your dragon is functional

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
In the Predator 2.20 folder there is a 'how to' readme file. It's all laid out there. For fun7 you need a ldr file for the hex and the bin file for the eeprom. The dra file is used on the dragon loader card.

ciaran

Reaction score
now im really confused ....is the latest dragon not fun7.....if so why the differentiation between the files needed for fun7 and dragon?

i have followed the read me to the latter.......it doesnt explain what files to use though.

ciaran

Reaction score
also what is the IDS file for.

sorry for the multitude of questions but this is really statring to annoy.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

dmm

Reaction score
dragon loader card is a fun7 card - files are only needed to be put onto the fun7 (a dragon loader card irrelevant of whether people refer to it as a "fun7 card" or a "dragon loader card"

....then the files once loaded on the dragon loader card (or fun 7 card depending on what you want to refer to it as) are transferred from the fun 7 card onto the dragon cam using the Dragon Load option on your reciever .......you'll get the drift eventually :)

AND P.S make sure it is firmware predator version 2.20 you are using - you seem to be referring to 2.2 all the time which makes me think you may have loaded version 2.02 which is NOT AT ALL current .....

ciaran

Reaction score
i think i have realised my mistake.

i have 2.20 installed but........all encryption son the astra seem to be in videoguard.

does dragon support this decryption?

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
This is my own understanding and I've only been into this satellite lark for a few months. If you are referring to Astra 2 @ 28 East then you will get nothing other than FTA. If referring to other NDS Videoguard elsewhere then you should have some success as several are S*ca2 and I beleive this amoungst others is covered by the Dragon Cam.
With regard the Fun7 and Dragon Loader Card bit. Its my understanding that both are one and the same. It all depends on what programmer you have. Some do not have the capability to switch to 6Mhz and thus will not load the single .dra file, however Fun7 files are provided so you can programme as per a Fun card instead. I dont know if one way is better than the other but thats my understanding of it all. I could be wrong but hopefully someone will confirm.