idiots guide to updating keys needed

ciaran

Reaction score
i know this will probably meet with a sigh and a 'go read the other threads response....but every thread ive read on this just reads as complete gibberish and i would like to know how to update keys once and for all...

so i have a few questions...that you experts could possibly...

where do the new keys come from...i.e where are they located...are they in the dragon files?

how do you put them into the receiver and how do you know which ones to put where...

no doubt any response will be met with more questions...

but please be patient...this satellite stuff is a lot to get your head around if your not familiar or as expert as most of you guys....

cheers in advance..

wizard101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2+Winegard 1 M dish
My Location
Canada
I can certainly sympathize. The amount of information, from many sites, much of it out of date. I feel my kids don’t recognize me any more. Being an Engineer, there must be a more systemic approach.
C

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi ciaran,
editing keys depends on the Cam or patched receiver you are using, as updating is slightly different with each piece of equipment.
As you've mentioned Dragon, can I assume you have a Dragon Cam loaded with Predator firmware?
To update a Dragon Cam is quite easy.
1. When the Dragon Cam is in your receiver, navigate to the Cam menu, using your receivers remote control.
2. Enter the cam menu
3. Click on Debug
4. Navigate to the providers encryption, in the case of Digital +, TV Cabo, Polsat, Premiere and Digi TV, you will locate them all in OhlAladin, Which equates to Nagravision 2.
5. Click on the provider you wish to update, like Digital +.
6, You will see 4 rows of keys:
00-0 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
00-1 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
01-0 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
01-1 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
These are simply key 00 and key 01 split into 2 sections each.
So if you need to update Key 00, you enter the first 8 Decimal numbers in 00-0 and the second 8 Decimal numbers into 00-1.

Decimal is a set of 3 numbers, these are then converted, by your cam, into Hex keys, 2 characters consisting of letters A-E and/or numbers 0-9.
Once this is complete exit the menu and your keys are updated.

If you haven't got a Dragon Cam, or still have any questions, please post back, with more details of your system.

ciaran

Reaction score
thanks very much michka....thats a very concise explanation...cheers..

another thing...any idea where to get the 359 frimware....all the sites i used to use either have shut down or don t have it...even the dragonmodule (satkinder) site only has up to 357...

cheers..

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Sorry ciaran,
a very busy day at work. There are a number of places that have Predator 359, try our Big Links section, click on Forum.
I have also uploaded you a version on sendspace:
_http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rpgia

ciaran

Reaction score
cheers mate ..but unfortunately my space is blocked from where im at...ill find it anyway!

cheers again!