Idman TV on 42E

gbrowne

Member
My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
I also have been looking into receiving IdmanTV.

I can pick up the TP on 10.968H at a reasonable strength (about 4dB) with my 1.2m CM and there are several programmes on the stream, but I don't seem to be able to find Idman in there. I see the symbol rate is published as 11200 and FEC 5/6 and I'm wondering if that is non-standard or something ?

Am I missing something obvious - if I can receive the stream I should be able to receive Idman ?

GB
 
gbrowne said:
I also have been looking into receiving IdmanTV.

I can pick up the TP on 10.968H at a reasonable strength (about 4dB) with my 1.2m CM and there are several programmes on the stream, but I don't seem to be able to find Idman in there. I see the symbol rate is published as 11200 and FEC 5/6 and I'm wondering if that is non-standard or something ?

Am I missing something obvious - if I can receive the stream I should be able to receive Idman ?

GB

Ah you are the second person to ask about Idman recently thus I assume its got overpaid poseurs prancing around a footy field on it. :D

As its nothing to do with the original thread you had posted onto I'll move this to its own thread :)

Right heres the story - Idman is on the Turksat East beam. That requires a 3m plus dish here in western Europe.

So forget it - not going to happen unless you want a silly sized dish in the garden!
 
hi, sorry for hyjacking the other thread.
the thing i dont understand is that i seem to be picking up the TP
or is the same frequency used by both beams maybe ?

cheers
g
 
You say "there are several programmes on the stream.......... "

Can you elaborate?
 
Which channels are you actually getting and we will be able to tell you what you are receiving.
 
Just had a look at the frequency tables

-http://www.flysat.com/turksat42.php

Look - at the table carefully

East beam - 10968 H 11200 5/6

West beam - 10970 V 30000 5/6

The v polarity channels will wipe out anything on the H polarity over on the east beam.
 
Analoguesat said:
Just had a look at the frequency tables
The v polarity channels will wipe out anything on the H polarity over on the east beam.
May be you have low signal strenght of east beam , there is not such problem in my erea .
 

Attachments

  • DSC03462.webp
    DSC03462.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC03465.webp
    DSC03465.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 147
The E beam is very low signal here in western Europe.
 
I don't know if you give some more skew , may be you have more succees .:)
 
I get quite a large spectrum peak showing on my analyser on that TP, but only if I move my dish a couple of degrees West away from 42E. Can't find any TP's of that frequency/SR on 40E or 39E, and it doesn't resolve on my receivers, so I don't know from whence it originates.
 
Llew said:
I get quite a large spectrum peak showing on my analyser on that TP, but only if I move my dish a couple of degrees West away from 42E. Can't find any TP's of that frequency/SR on 40E or 39E,
If you mean TP's 10968 ,there is such TP's at Express-AM1 @ 40° East
10967 V 20000 3/4 DVB-S/MPEG-4
 

Attachments

  • DSC03482.webp
    DSC03482.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 123
adonis1 said:
If you mean TP's 10968 ,there is such TP's at Express-AM1 @ 40° East
10967 V 20000 3/4 DVB-S/MPEG-4

Yes I can see that one, I meant 10968H. I'll recheck my dish position, but it wasn't on 42E, as if I get maximum peaking on 42E (all other receivable channels at maximum). I don't receive 10968H 11200 5/6.
 
Thanks very much to everyone who has responded to this. I have looked again and I think I am definately on 43E because of other programmes I am able to get from its other TPs.
On 10968 I have a good peak for H or V polarisation - likewise the next TP at 11011, for both H and V, but in both cases the V peak is much stronger than the H (12dB compared to around 1 to 2dB)

Looking at the streams using Charles Putney's 400S spectrum analyser application...

On 10968V, I get 25 channels including T.A.Y. TV from DOGAN TV on VPID 101.
On 10968H, I don't get a lock on any channels (I was wrong earlier, think I consufed my Vs and Hs - sorry)
On 11011V, I get 25 channels, inc D-SMART Promo VPID 1101
On 11011H, I get 25 channels, inc D-SMART VPID 1101

It is difficult to give the names of a lot of the channels as they seem to be using characters not in my 400S's character set and they just display as weird £&^%%$" type stuff !

I have used a certain amount of skew to 'peak' the sgnal form the Horiz TP.

I wondered if I was just seeing crosstalk from the V into the H, but that wouldnt explain no locks on 10968H ?
I am wondering if they are using a non standard symbol rate or something ? The published 11,200 seems very low.

CHeers,
GB.
 
11200 isn't low as regards the capabilities of most reception systems.

Lots of TPs across the arc with much lower SRs than that and very few reported issues these days.
 
I get Idman TV here in Germany with an 1.2 m, but unfortunately they switch to BISS or summing when the football is on. GRRRRRR!
 
Down here in Malta we also can get Idman TV with a 1m Dish and the signal level is good 71% with a quality of 62% on a ClarkeTech 5000HD Receiver. There is also another Channel by the name of Rustavi 2 on a freq of 12596 V 5/6 and a symbol rate of 3700. Signal level and Quality is much higher. This Channel's transmittions are also Fta but sometimes encrypts in Biss as well.
 
i can get idman tv in england on 11168 H 20400 45e along with NTV Russia, TNT Russia, Medeniyet TV, Azad TV, Ictimai TV and AZTV
 
mikeisyou said:
i can get idman tv in england on 11168 H 20400 45e along with NTV Russia, TNT Russia, Medeniyet TV, Azad TV, Ictimai TV and AZTV
did you mean 46E mike ?, 11169 H 2044 is coming in very strong here on the 1.2 dish
 
Back
Top