I'm leaving

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Dear fellow hobbyists

I unfortunately have no more time for dealing in the intensive way I have with the satellites.co.uk board. I have reached this decision after much thought over a brief holiday I just had. The problem lies with increasing demands on my time from my work (scope expanding from regional to global)

Sadly, therefore, I must end my moderating and the assistance on admin.

I will however retain my registration, and will pop in now and again. It's just that I can't afford the huge amount of time I was typically devoting to this hobby every week.

It's been a real joy over the past couple of years, and I think there are some great people making great contributions. The board should continue to be an active and interesting place to visit.

Thanks (all) for making my time here such a pleasure.

Cheers
2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-Jan-02 AT 07:28 PM (GMT)]Well 2old, I'd like to say how much I've appreciated your advice,help and dry humour over the past year or so since I've been using the board, it was because of the help from yourself, Zansi, Chris and others that made me feel I wanted to be part of the board.

It's unfortunate but sometimes making a living has to come before hobbies, (something I have yet to learn :) ) but I'd like to think that we will still receive your valued advice, even if it is on a somewhat les regular basis.

Regards and best wishes for the future 2old.

Rolf

PS, Perhaps you may be able to allow time for the satellite show in May. :)

S

Sata

2old.

I'm rather new here but I have read a good deal of this board's previous posts. After what I've read I am saying confidently that your leaving is a great loss to this list. However, we all understand the pressures of work and real life in general.

Though we didn't have any contributions together in the past, I felt that I owe you a big thank you for all what you have offered for this forum that would continue to be a treasure in the list's archive for every newbie here. People like you who help others without waiting for a reward are really few in this world.

Hope you the best in your work.

Sata Andrew

So much to do & so little time! :-(
All the best 2old - pop back as much as you can!
Otherwise you will be sorely missed!

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 19-Jan-02 AT 10:20 PM (GMT)]Hello OM

Truly sorry to hear we won't be hearing so much from you for a while.

I'm not sure that even our combined experience will make up for what we loosing, but many thanks for all your help to date, and best wishes with your new responsibilities.

Going but not will not be forgotten!

Good luck

W Hole

Doodler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
2old4this - many of your posts have been really helpful to me, so thanks very much for the effort you have put in.

Doodler

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
This is very sad news indeed.Your in depth posts will be missed. All the best. Thank you for very much indeed for all the help/advice you have given.

Shahid

FRAZER

Reaction score
Thanks for setting me on the right track when nothing was working- without you I would never have bought three receivers in 8 months!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Never did find out if you were older than Wolsty

Its not goodbye, probably more au revoir

You could always get your new company to include surfung as part of the business package

Good luck in your ventures abroad (going to NAB or Washington ?)

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
It's all been said, 2Old. But I'd like to add my thanks for all the help and good humoured patience with us newbies. Good luck with your work - you deserve success.

wolsty

ps I'm 56 on 31.01.02. That's not so old is it 2Old?

B

bibi bear

Every good forum needs a good administrator and this is, in great measure to your disciplined guidance, a great forum. How you guys manage not to release the wrath of you frustration that you surely must feel towards our ignorance, well, it's just admirable.

Although I'm just a newbie (w/ a Humi on order - thanks2U2O) I look forward towards always reading your latest and greatest monologue. Hell, if "What's What" doesn't win the M.V.P. (Most Viewed Post) award come season's end, well then this bear is a monkey's uncle.

ugania

Reaction score
My Location
pj::Bulaggna
I'm really sorry to hear this,I'm quite new,but your knowledge,and confidence in this field were evident in every answer you gave us..a great loss for the site..My hope was to learn a lot from you and the other friends...So you weren't too old for your dayly business..you are not retired from work....bad for us...maybe better for you..Bye..L.Lambertini

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
2old :( thanx for all your help you have given me and all the board members over the last 100 years... oops sorry nearly gave your age away :)

hope you do pop back every so often just to keep an eye on things and give your wise and educated advice.

thanx

ps. Keep working on that videoguard system hack
(for education purposes ofcourse)

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
2old4this. Good luck to you in the future. Thank you for all of your help in this and the Nerds forum. It has been a pleasure knowing you. All the best.
Allan.

U

upl

"Satellite GOD is leaving"
Its all been said alreay lastly I will like to add " YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST"