Inclined Birds ..

wod said:
this is something I want to pick up as it has the rugby league feeds on it now. just need to see how to modify my 1224 to be able to raise/ lower the dish.

vipersan, is it just news on this satelite as I heard championship football feeds are on this too.

Yes, that's correct. Try and pick it up at 3pm and mark it with tipex. May just about do it until 5
 
wod said:
vipersan, is it just news on this satelite as I heard championship football feeds are on this too.

Yes m8, they are.

Nice mod Vs. Looking foward to the Pic's. You've made a top job getting the rig back up and running again. I'm impressed with the level of detail you've paid attention to. Or so it seems from the photo's anyway.
 
Last time I did a scan it was mostly local BBC and ITV feeds.They have all moved from 31.5*west.These birds are probably used due to the fact that they are more difficult to track and your run of the mill punter wont have the ability to go inclined.
 
Originally Posted by Channel Hopper
So for the majority of the time (approximately 70% of each twelve hour cycles), the satellite is observed within 30% of the two maximum inclinations.

Absolutely agree CH. The attached pic shows the position of Astra 1C at 3 hour intervals for today (5th April). You can see that between 1800HRs (GMT) and midnight, it stayed within the top 1.5degrees of its 'figure eight'. This might help you footy fans knowing where to peak your dish.

The attached animation illustrates the Astra 1C figure eight movement (last October).

Incidentally, the inclination last october was +/- 3.8degrees, today, its more like +/- 4.16 degrees. Maybe the 'old girl' is down to the last few drops of fuel. Or it might be down to something like the Earth being at Spring Equinox, but i thought that would have been better for inclined orbits?
 

Attachments

  • Astra1C.wmv
    Astra1C.wmv
    528.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Astra 1C 24Hr 20110405.webp
    Astra 1C 24Hr 20110405.webp
    130.9 KB · Views: 70
Nice graphics Futumsch..
Not a footy fan ..
but useful pictorial representation nonetheless.
I've printed it off for quick reference.
rgds
VS
 
Can also be tracked at www.n2yo.com.Just add particular sat and hit "track it"Hope this helps.
 
futumsch said:
The attached pic shows the position of Astra 1C at 3 hour intervals for today (5th April). You can see that between 1800HRs (GMT) and midnight, it stayed within the top 1.5degrees of its 'figure eight'. This might help you footy fans knowing where to peak your dish.

The attached animation illustrates the Astra 1C figure eight movement (last October)
What did you use to make those pictures/animations.
 
Originally Posted by Huevos:
What did you use to make those pictures/animations.

Hi Huevos, that is using AGI STK Basic Edition software. Its downloadable free from their website (662MB!!!). Or you could use Satscape, and before I get into trouble mentioning it, its 'donationware'. Both use NORAD data (e.g. from Celestrak). I don't want to hijack Viperspans thread, but STK is very useful.

Colin is also correct, _n2yo.com also uses NORAD data for predicting the latest pointing angle ephemeris.
 
colinp said:
Last time I did a scan it was mostly local BBC and ITV feeds.They have all moved from 31.5*west.These birds are probably used due to the fact that they are more difficult to track and your run of the mill punter wont have the ability to go inclined.

Or it's cheaper ;)
 
Correct mate but they will have to move soon when they start to run dry.The question is where?
 
futumsch said:
Originally Posted by Huevos:

Hi Huevos, that is using AGI STK Basic Edition software. Its downloadable free from their website (662MB!!!). Or you could use Satscape, and before I get into trouble mentioning it, its 'donationware'. Both use NORAD data (e.g. from Celestrak). I don't want to hijack Viperspans thread, but STK is very useful.

Colin is also correct, _n2yo.com also uses NORAD data for predicting the latest pointing angle ephemeris.

Don't worry about hijacking the thread m8 ..
The more useful and utils we have ...the better...
;)
rgds
VS
 
colinp said:
Correct mate but they will have to move soon when they start to run dry.The question is where?
Well it looks like SES are using this as a parking position for satellites before they get sent to graveyard orbit so maybe they will just get replaced by another working satellite in inclined orbit at the same slot.
 
Coming on the arc now for those that want a look at it!
 
(for lateral thinkers)
 

Attachments

  • Math_Problem.webp
    Math_Problem.webp
    10 KB · Views: 59
Has anyone got any active or regulary used TP's they can post on here please. Would like to have a go at getting a lock on this bird over the weekend.
 
Try 11425 v 3400 7/8.That should be ITN MCR.I think this is always broadcasting a view of the newsroom.Regards.
 
Try 11656 v 15000 5/6Now showing cricket.Thanks to PHILL.
 
Also 11681 v 15000 7/8/ Rugger.Thanks to STAMFORDBLUE.
 
colinp said:
Try 11425 v 3400 7/8.That should be ITN MCR.I think this is always broadcasting a view of the newsroom.Regards.

If its the one I picked up last week ..
its broadcast in 4.2.2
So a suitable receiver needed for an image..
rgds
VS
 
Yeah mate will be.I think it's just to get a lock on.
 
Back
Top