mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Infernal Affairs is a trilogy set in Hong Kong with big name actors if you follow HK cinema but less known in the West.

It is a story about triads and cops, each trying to outwit the other. The cops have a mole in the triads and the triads have a mole in the police and the story follows who can remain hidden and not get killed. It is about friendship, betrayal, loyalty, corruption, death and loss.

The first film has the most action, the second film is slower and the third film the most complicated with a few twists and is both a sequel and a semi-prequel to the original film. You must watch them in order as well or it will make no sense, especially as there are a few flashbacks and things are not always as they seem.

Part II is perhaps the best of the three and has a great music score; all three have a DTS soundtrack and are visually very impressive.

This is perhaps the best trilogy that I've watched and gives The Godfather films a run for their money especially as all three films are strong. 9/10

Attachments

• infernal_affairs.jpg
    infernal_affairs.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 14
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 14

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Martin Scorcese's The Departed is based on Infernal Affairs. I don't know if I'm biased having watched I.A. first but I thought it was "OK" at best.

Matt Damon wasn't very good, Jack Nicholson's character had none of the humour of Sam from the original film and all the original character of the film had been sucked out of the film. And the music score was poor compare to I.A.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
You may care to know that Internal Affairs was a mature content video movie series, made in America, which lasted for five films. ;)