infinity

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HAVE 1MTRE DISH USING LINUX SERVER WITH CCCAM 210 SATS I GET 45 EAST TO 45 WEST
My Location
scotland
hope someone can help i have 1 dreambox 500s and also 2 blackbox 500s, and also have a pc linux server and infinity usb cardreader.
the trouble is when i have the sly card in the pheonix reader and sharing with all 3 boxes but the trouble the boxes freeze quite often and is damm annoying i have tried to overclock the infinity to 6mhz but to no avail.
so have desided to put the sly card back in the dreambox and have no problems with freezing at all,just wondering if anyone out there has came across the problem and knows how to get round this,also was thinking about getting the smargo card reader but again are these any good ? as i dont want to waste any more money,so if anyone can help solve this problem i would greatly appreciate it.

regards

MR-T

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
MR-T said:
h
the trouble is when i have the sly card in the pheonix reader and sharing with all 3 boxes but the trouble the boxes freeze quite often and is damm annoying

I cannot say I am surprised, the same happens with a card splitter because word has it there is something built in to the card which attempts to stop it being shared like that. They want you to have a multi-room subscription I suppose :cool:

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
either i just have to put up with the freezing or i just go for the smargo reader+ seemingly the are the best around,also has anyone else had a problem when rebooting the dreambox lets say every 24hrs mines does not come back on again unless i reboot the router which is a pain in the ass,thats why i would like to get the linux back up and running again as u dont have to reboot it as much as the dreambox.

regards
MR-T

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you put the card in the Dreambox and share it using CCcam can you run CCcam on the linux box as well?

Although the 500 isn't very good compared to the "bigger" Dreamboxes: I had to reboot my 500 all the time, the 7020 almost never.

MR-T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
i have now got a smargo reader+ and have all 3 boxes working perfectly without any freezing what so ever,so its money well spent for me in the long run