instalation problem

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
hello, can anyone help me , i am looking at investing in some simple harness and stay type of sling, rope which enables me to walk round horrible huge old style chimmleys safely for iastalling lashing kits , for aerials whatever , has any body got any good info or different method which could be handy, getting a lashing kit on these type of chimmleys is a nightmare . if i am in the wrong forum group i do appologise, p s i dont like ssb brackets ,rather use lashing kit all the time thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also technomate tm 1000 ci
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
norwich "up the city" down the ipswich
can this be looped over the top i always find that rope gets tangled on the chimmey pots or u have to go round the stack hanging onto a old rusty lashing kit . if u lucky to have one. ps aint safety equipment pricey

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it can, as it is a fairly rigid steel strop, have handled one at the show. Would add though that they are a tad over priced in my opinion, but nobody seems to have an alternative. Also I would only use it on a very big chimney, don't fancy the idea of pulling the whole thing down on top of me. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Should've asked Santa what he uses on those difficult drops :-googly

:-hny

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Llew said:
Should've asked Santa what he uses on those difficult drops :-googly

:-hny

Magic hover boots, but I can't find them anywhere. :) :-lmao

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
yes , need to invest in this kind of safety device , it dosent matter were you go you always get the problem of needing to get to the otherside of chimmleys , nightmares i call them especially the ones with the big potts, i also no what you mean by being aware of how strong the chimmley is , i also wouldnt risk holdin on to old lashing kits, be careful lads

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
cheers rolfw , thats a good web site thanks , quite reasonable to theirs no price on safety.