Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 7755 2 VIA 2 CI Digital Receiver
90cm dish + Wall Mount
Technomate DISEqC 1.2 Motor
0.3 dB Digital Universal LNB
My Location
LIVERPOOL
80 but the signal saty at 10 always. I have read some of the tread about installation here but things are still foggy. I have a motorise Technomate diseqc H-H motor tm-2100a with a TM-7755 receiver. But tonight I hooked the TM to the sky mini dish and it pick up over 500 channel this tells me the receiver is working oviusly, but I can't pick anything else on my own dish I live in liverpoor, Kirkby the latitude: 53.480 N and longitude: -2.882w elevation: 30m I am still a bit haze on this setting when its come into the adjustment I have set the motor+dish as per the manual but the inclination bit true me off I now believe that I minus the 7.6 declination from the dish bracket angle is this right. The book says for my location I need to set elevation angle on the motor to 37 and the dish bracket to 22.4 but if I minus the 7.2 from the dish bracket it means that the final elevation fot the disk is 14.8 which is not even mark on the bracket this can't be right, Do I set the motor elevation to my own latitude of 53 or to 37 as the table subjest? any clarification will be greatly apreciated and sorry for the spelling I Am dizlesic almost forgot how do you input the longitude minus number - as for -2.882w on the receiver as I can't see to be able to find it when I try to input my cordinace on the usals.
Thnaks
Domingo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If your motor has a latitude scale marked, then it will be your lattitude which is set on the motor, some motors have just an elevation scale perhaps like yours so use that figure and some have both latitude and elevation scales, and you can take your pick.

The declination figure (the dish elevation setting) should be explained in the motor handbook and is usually their given figure, less the declination angle in their table.

All minus figures can be considered as West, so just toggle from East to West in your receiver menu.

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi, And Thanks for the reply on my disk instruction booklet these are my options my lat 53 elevation angle 37 declination angle 7.6 dish bracket angle 22.4 those are the reading for my location now do I minus 7.2 from the 53 lat or from the 22.4 ? can you explain as the book is not ovius which one I used.

Thanks

Domingo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thge 22.4 sounds odd, what does it actually say in the motor handbook, word for word?

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi,againg

6.setting declination angle on the dish
.Attached the dish onto the motor. The centerline on the tube of the motor can help to mount the dish on the center. According to the latitude of your location, Find the declination angle by the attached Angle Table.
. Set the Declination angle by the scale on the antenna dish. The reading on the dish scale should be: 30deg -DECLINATION ANGLE.

SORRY SLOW TYPE

DOMINGO

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds more like it. :)

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi, so what would you say is the final angles is't 22.8 or ????

Domingo

J

Jeff_19341

It's as plain as the nose on your face.
30-7.2 = 22.8, this is your dish angle.
.:-hny

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi, Confuse then why was 22.4 add acording to ROLFW ? only 4 degree off .

Thanks

Domingo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Because you were speaking of taking the declination figure away from it.

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
do not worry about the angle of the dish m8 and to be honest turn off the usals and use the DISEqC 1.2 .for one i set my first setup with same sort of motor and i have the same tm as you.make sure you get the angle right for you motor about 53 for you and then find thor the reason you had no signal quallity was you were not no thor.i know i had the same problem when first setup loads of signal and no quality.the reason i said turn off uasls is it just did not move the dish on my tm7755 and found out later some other tm7755 owners had the same problem try it with DISEqC 1.2 it is not very hard to tune the sats in this way.do wot is best for you don't do what others say because it may work for them but not you.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
With the newer type of motors, the back of the offset dish MUST be completely perpendicular to the motor post. You can check this by putting the reflector on a flat indoor floor (without the boom arm) and verify the motor post mounlding marks are equidistant from the two clamping points.

Dont forget also that the elevation angle of a DiSECq set up is affected by the trueness of the pole or wall mount. If its off vertical by any more than a degree, then very little can be done to bring the arc onto the satellites

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi,guys and thanks still not had any luck with this yet I little confuse about the compass reading as the thor 1w is is acording to my compass to the rear of the dish which is north the front of my house and the dish is a the back of my house facing south I one hit astra 19 but then lost it. Any one near Liverpoor That I can pick up for a quick know how on doing this ???.

Thanks

Domingo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
1W is actually 181 degrees on the compass, this being almost due South, you do however have to allow for a few degrees magnetic variation, as magnetic South is not the same as true South.

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi, on THOR now scare to move from this spot.

Domingo

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi, I believe it to be THOR because the receiver say it was but can't remember moving it manually it's actually HOTBIRD 13E full of channels here any ideas what softcam and keys i need for this.

Thanks
Domingo

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
Hi, Once again GUYS i HAD THE SYSTEM WORKING AUTOMATICALLY 1W TO 13E THEN i WHENT TO 30-W THE ACTUAL SAT THAT i REALLY WANT AS ITS SPANISH PEAKING AND IT WENT DOWNHILL FROM THERE AND i LOST EVERTHING THAT WAS ON THE 28DECEMBER i MANAGE TO GET BACK TO 13E ONCE AGAING BUT TODAY WHEATHER PERMITING i GOING BACK UP AS I NOW BELIEVE i CAN'T BE 100% PLUMB ON ALL SIDES WILL POST LATTER.

THANKS

DOMINGO

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
HI, AGAING DIN'T GET A HOLD OF MY NEIBOW LADDERS UNTILL ALMOST FOUR THIS AFTERNOON i MANADGE TO GET THE POLE PLUMB RANG OUT OF DAY LIGHT WILL FINISH TOMORROW BUT THERES STILL SOME WORK TO DO THE DISH MOUNT ON THIS TECHNOMATE IS DREDFULL THERES TWO BOLT HOLDING THE DISCH TO IT'S OWN MOUNT BUT THERES NOTHING MAKING SURE THAT IT ROTATE UP OR DOWN SOFTLY OR PRECISERLY BUT TWO DIMPLES THAT DON'T AGLINE PRECISERLY WHEN THE ABOVE TWO NUTS AND SCREWS ARE TIGHTENED SO I DRILL THE DIMPLES OUT AND INSERTED TWO BOLTS TO GIVER THAT SMOTHE AND PRECISE UP/DOWN ELEVENTION LOOKING AT THE REST OF THE MOUNT I WILL NEED TO DO MORE ADJUSMENT AS IT LOOK VERY FLIMSY AND NOT STRAIT ENOUGH ALL THIS FROM A BRAND NEW DISH ONE THING i JUST NOTICE IS THAT THE MOTOR IS DIS2qC 1.2 BUT IT DON'T MENTION BEING USALS COMPARTIBLE OR ARE THIS TWO THE SAME STANDARD AND FINALY I HAVE AN INN-LINE AMPLIFIER IS THIS BEST BETWENN THE LNB AND THE MOTOR OR AFTER THE MOTOR.
THANKS
DOMINGO

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
First thing you need to attend to is your caps lock key, as your post is very hard to read.

Unless you have a very long cable run, you don't need the inline amplifier and it may cause you problems, I notice that some box shifters on ebay are selling them as part of the installation kit.

Don't get too wrapped up with the DiseqC/Usals thought at this stage, use DiseqC 1.2 and manually search for the satellites, it may take a little longer, but works fine once set up.

domingouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish + Wall Mount
My Location
LIVERPOOL
HI, still no luck just now 23:45 manage to get hotbird as thor no go since midday found a fraw with the mount L SHAPE TYPE it was sagging down so I prep the L with an I rod to prevent it from swaing down. one question is there a pecific measurement on where to place the dish clamp on the motor poll does it make a difference I now that it has to sit on the center line of this poll but how high or low????.

Thanks

domingo