Installing Dishes In Spain for 2E Chit-Chat

  • Thread starter Thread starter Archive4
  • Start date Start date
I use 10773 H 22000 5/6. Don't use ITV2HD, etc as those channels are so strong they are not good for dish alignment of a large dish.
Thanks. I will try again. I'll tell you the result.
 
I have tried to align the dish again with that transponder you say and, no way. The meters goes up and down, more down than up.
Maybe I need a more specific signal meter. Maybe I need to be closer the UK. I use two apps for android movile. With those apps I can see in real time the signal, in db, from the receiver (dreambox) and I can change the channel. For the aligment of the dish for the rest of the channels is more than enough.
I don't want to give up. Could you tell something you think I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.
 
Ok, start with the PE transponders on 2E. 11836, 11914, 11934.
 
Zimmer frame in one hand... chainsaw in the other... and all because the lady loves... Eastenders.

tree.webp
 
Zimmer frame in one hand... chainsaw in the other... and all because the lady loves... Eastenders.

Hope you bought his wife the chocolates since he did all the work!


Sinbadmarino, hate to say this but from memory in the original reception thread for our area (Iberian Peninsular) I think you are in a complete null zone, strongest signal in this area is normally BBC1 South on 10818v( ITV2 etc being on pan european beam), but not always the case. Try from there, if you can see a slimmer of it, you may be in with a chance.

Good hunting
 
Itv2 is on the spot beam. Itv2 hd is on PE, but encrypted.
 
Itv2 is on the spot beam. Itv2 hd is on PE, but encrypted.

Quite right Huevos, I should have made my post clearer, when I put itv2 etc being on PE beam it was in reply to Sinbadmarino´s comment about seeing the HD versions.

I still think the best txps to search for are 10818v or 10906v (possibly even stronger than 10818) Can you check from your reports which of the 2e spot txps is the strongest? It would be useful to know.
 
Have just installed new Famaval 1.4 with BU single as test dish. Have done some test measurements using my S1 meter and compared to the FTE 1.6 I have for a comparison. The S1 meter is a little jumpy so C/N is shown as lowest -highest over approx 30 seconds

Program TXP Signal –dBm 1.4 Famaval Signal –dBm 1.6 FTE C/N 1.4 C/N 1.6 VBER 1.4 VBER 1.6
C4 10714V 36 33 7.8 – 8.7 7.5 – 8.4 1E -7 5E -7
C4 +1 10729V 38 34 8.7 – 9.5 8.1 – 8.9 5E -8 1E -7
ITV2 10758V 38 33 8.1 – 8.9 7.5 – 8.4 5E -8 3E -7
BBC2 10773H 35 31 7.8 – 8.9 7.2 – 8.7 5E -7 6E -7
BBC1 10818V 37 33 8.1 – 9.5 8.1 – 9.2 9E -8 3E -7
ITV3 10906V 35 32 8.7 – 9.5 8.1 – 9.2 1E -8 6E -8
C5 (2F) 10964H 33 33 8.7 – 9.5 10.1 - 11 1E -7 <1E -8
ITV1 (2F) 11053H 35 33 8.1 -8.9 9.5 – 10.4 9E -8 <1E -8

Signals recorded 8th June 10:30 – 11:00 Formentera del Segura, Alicante

Famaval 1.4 with BU single

FTE Maximal with BU quad
 
Brian I cant follow your numbers. Which is the best dish/lnb. 10906 is normally one of the strongest uk transponder so is a good one to start with.
 
Yes i'm trying to make out some of the figures too
But it will be a good to find out the difference between the 2 dishes
I have looked at the FTE 1.5 (i take it, it is the same as your 1.6 Brian?) as it was one of the cheapest 1.5 dishes and i take it that it would get a bit higher signal with a single BU than the quad?
 
Brian I cant follow your numbers. Which is the best dish/lnb. 10906 is normally one of the strongest uk transponder so is a good one to start with.
Yes......that chap in Torrevieja I mentioned with the 1.4m........he has been getting 10906 but not 10818.
 
Brian I cant follow your numbers. Which is the best dish/lnb. 10906 is normally one of the strongest uk transponder so is a good one to start with.

Sorry all built figures in a table in word doc which I couldn't upload. Did copy and paste, looked ok until posted. Will repost in another format when I get home later
 
.txt or .pdf are ok to Upload but, as far as I can see, .doc are not on the list of compatible files, Brian.
 
Yes i'm trying to make out some of the figures too
But it will be a good to find out the difference between the 2 dishes
I have looked at the FTE 1.5 (i take it, it is the same as your 1.6 Brian?) as it was one of the cheapest 1.5 dishes and i take it that it would get a bit higher signal with a single BU than the quad?

Yes, is the FTE 1.5 I call it a 1.6 to make the direct comparison to the Famaval 1.4 which is not a 1.4! (We won't go down that road again)

Over the next couple of days will put the same BU single on the FTE to make direct comparison, will advise result when done
 
E
Yes, is the FTE 1.5 I call it a 1.6 to make the direct comparison to the Famaval 1.4 which is not a 1.4! (We won't go down that road again)

Over the next couple of days will put the same BU single on the FTE to make direct comparison, will advise result when done

Excellent Brian, should be interesting, will look forward to the results
 
.txt or .pdf are ok to Upload but, as far as I can see, .doc are not on the list of compatible files, Brian.

I have always liked excel, but not on the list either. Will reformat when I get home, hopefully!
 
Hopefully, this time it will work

The 1.4 with the BU single is out performing the 1.6 with the BU quad, except on 2F. Either I havn´t aligned my own dish correctly, or the bigger dish is picking up 2F better than 2E due to the LNB, or the fact the signal is stronger.

Will advise when I have done true like for like by swapping the LNB´s between dishes (but not during Emmerdale!)
 

Attachments

Think it worked this time, can someone else check and advise?

Don´t forget the S1 meter is a little jumpy, hence the lowest - highest posting!
 
Think it worked this time, can someone else check and advise?

Don´t forget the S1 meter is a little jumpy, hence the lowest - highest posting!
Yes much better Brian, it opens up in Adobe, cheers
 
Yes much better Brian, it opens up in Adobe, cheers
As you say it will be interesting to see if there is much difference when you use lnb like for like

Edit
Oops just replied to my own response jeje
 
Back
Top