Installing Dishes In Spain for 2E Chit-Chat

  • Thread starter Thread starter Archive4
  • Start date Start date
What make/size dish is it please/ price for a new one ?
Not sure. Mafara I think. Anyway it's 1.8m and pretty similar to Famaval. I think the retail price is around 600€, not including groundstand, feedhorn and LNB.
 
BP, it's the same make of dish I got off you the other week. Identical. And by the way I've got a polar mount for it now... I feel a new project coming on... 1.8m PF motorised C-band & Ku...
 
BP, it's the same make of dish I got off you the other week. Identical. And by the way I've got a polar mount for it now... I feel a new project coming on... 1.8m PF motorised C-band & Ku...

Not quite as good as GH6, but not far off! And you have a spare mount ring if you need it!
 
I thought you might have taken the one from the tree damaged dish as a spare, I would have! Good luck with new project
 
I had 5 dish kits in the van at the time and didn't have space.
 
Client got this from a friend - gratis
A 110x120cm.
Popped it up, aligned....
First time using this dish on 2E and
WOW!!!!
HOLY SIGNAL READINGS!

Smaller dish than the tecatel 125x135 and the famaval 130 (sold as 1.4m!), but way much more signal!

Presume it is a Channel Master...?

Any idea what prices these are new, and a supplier...?
 

Attachments

  • 20140423_155829.webp
    20140423_155829.webp
    98.7 KB · Views: 143
Just answered my own question - tecatel just down the road to me do them.
 
That's the channel master... A carbon copy of it. A proper quality dish. Plenty on eBay in uk for not much money. There's even one on classifieds section on here ;)
 
That's the channel master... A carbon copy of it. A proper quality dish. Plenty on eBay in uk for not much money. There's even one on classifieds section on here ;)

Channel Master indeed. CJ, what do you mean carbon copy of it?
Only copies I've come across were made in Malta for private purposes (see other thread on thise site).
Apart from Channel Master (now owned by Skyware), SMC dishes often seen are made by Laminas, Prodelin, Chaors (formerly Visiosat). Have seen Chinese ones advertised, but never come across one.

The SMC (Sheet Moulded Compound) method of making these ensures that they have very much exactly the same shape as the mould, and therefore are very precise reflectors. Maintains shape even during normal handling, and will withstand quite some rough weather. Also means that they last for years and years even when mounted, maintaining original performance throughout. (Downside is they are heavier, and often more expensive than steel/alu dishes.)
 
Just answered my own question - tecatel just down the road to me do them.
Yes but not 110x120cm. They are 135 x 120cm, same size as the Famaval "1.4m", and signal level off that dish in Oliva is over 11dB so it doesn't surprise me that this also performs well. How much is the dish from Tecatel? I'm guessing about 300€.
 
Yep, that's a Channel Master as well. Looks like it's been rebadged and resold under so many different names, it's hard to keep track of what dish is what.
 
Looks very similar to this one I saw when at a local restaurant

View attachment 64741 View attachment 64742

Is the mount the same?

PS 3040646-02 is def a ch master part no.

Spoke to a couple of guys from Skyware at a trade-show.
Seems the moulds have persisted across many compnay names (Ch Master, Andres, ASC, Skyware).
Apparently, the moulds are quite expensive, but they last forever.
For sure, there has been only one mould for the 1.8m dish, so all 1.8m CMs are alike (very much so).
I think it's the same for 1.2m CMs, I've only ever seen a referenc to mould number 1.

There are two mounts for the CM120s, one is the Az/El pictured at the restaurant, the other is the non-cap mount (for mounting in the middle of a pole). Have actually never seen another non-cap mount besides the one I have.
 
Did another upside down one today. Still only a few centimetres clearance.

1.webp

2.webp
 
Assume it was an existing mount, don´t normally carry those in my van.
Yes, existing mount. 50mm extra-thick-wall steel tube. Absolutely rock solid. And then this afternoon I did a job in La Marina where the dish had dropped off the wall, so I used the bracket out of the kit to sort that one out.
 
A piece of advice, please.
I have installed a Prodeline 1.8 offset dish, 20 kms south from Pamplona (¿dead zone?), raven feedhorn and c120 invacom LNB.
I think the orientation is well done. I have pointed the dish to what I suppose is the 2E satellite. How can I point 2E instead Eutelsat 28A? Well, I tune some transponder like the one that transmit ITV2HD, ITV3HD and ITV4HD from the 2E satellite, so if I get the strongest signal in those channels I get the best orientation to the Astra 2E. It works like that, doesn't it?
I did that and I get a strong signal for a lot of channels, 18.5 db (ITV2HD, ITV3HD, ITV4HD, Sky Premier HD....), but no way of getting lock on BBC's and ITV's from Astra 2E.

Any idea, any advice, please.

Dreambox 7020HD, Prodeline 1.80m offset dish, raven feedhorn, invacom, 30 m cable.
First, I installed the dish without feedhorn. Then I got 16 db signal. After setting up the raven feedhorn I got 18 db signal.

Another question, please, for one of you who gets signal from the 2E and gets BBC 1, 2,..., how strong is your signal in the rest of the channels, for instance ITV2HD, ITV3HD, PremierHD?

Thank a lot,

Sinbad
 
I use 10773 H 22000 5/6. Don't use ITV2HD, etc as those channels are so strong they are not good for dish alignment of a large dish.
 
Back
Top