Installing Dishes In Spain for 2E Chit-Chat

  • Thread starter Thread starter Archive4
  • Start date Start date
Glad I read this as on the edge of ordering one.

¿Are you pleased with its performance and is it short of anything you need info wise or comments about it?

Live in Alicante and cannot seem to find a seller local.....guess a U.K. based store would be safe!!

Thanks BP, enjoy your day.

Bought my s1 from amazon.es with 30% discount as it was last one. Try there for s20 first
 
Brian was here the other day and we were comparing meters. Looks like a decent device for the price. Only points to note are:
  • DVB-S only,
  • Spectrum is pretty slow sweeping and course, and,
  • The SNR output could be smoother, i.e. measured over a longer time base.

Let´s face it Huevos, compared to what you have it´s a piece of sh**, compared to what I had, it´s the hand of god. Horses for courses (within budget)
 
Here´s one way of stopping anyone stealing your dish when you not home! Stick broken glass all round the edge and bracket.

IMG_0142.webp
 
Bit of a bugger to adjust when the wind moves it though.
 
Bit of a bugger to adjust when the wind moves it though.

YES, have to say it isn´t mine, noticed it today when working on my friends dish next door. If it needs to be tweaked the owner can call someone else!
 
In today's litigious climate, it wouldn't be a surprise if a putative thief injured in the process would end up suing the owner.
 
In today's litigious climate, it wouldn't be a surprise if a putative thief injured in the process would end up suing the owner.

Thankfully in Spain, at the moment, I think the Guardia Civil would assist you in prosecuting the offender for damaging your property with their blood!
 
Glad to hear it. I think the tide is slowly turning back in favour of the victim here in the UK, but wouldn't be wholly confident just yet.

Now, a Trace-Heating system applied to the Dish, that somehow carries Mains Voltage to extraneous metalwork .................... might get away with that :wacko:
 
If I got called to that I'd turn the job down on the spot. Maybe he'll learn his lesson when one of his grandchildren fall on it.
 
I'll probably end up calling in a professional but I want to make sure I can't do it myself first, because if I need to go up a dish size and pay an installer it's going to be a lot more than I was budgeting for.

In the end I've decided to install the dish myself (I went up on the roof and found it wasn't as scary as I thought). Now I need to decide on a dish. I'm considering a Tecatel 135 (120x135), which is around 130 euros (including VAT) but I'd be interested to know more about the Famaval dishes that seem popular among members here, in case they work out cheaper whilst performing similarly. I've looked at their website and seen the trx 125 model, which comes in aluminum or steel, but I'm having trouble finding an online supplier. The only one I've found is charging 73 euros for the steel version and 97 for the aluminum (including VAT). However, the site gives no specs or model name and I only found out the manufacturer by asking them (then I checked the specs on the Famaval website). I'm wondering if that is a good price and a recommended dish in comparison with the Tecatel. Any comments or advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of a good online supplier for these dishes it would be useful.
 
tdtprofesional have the Tecatel 135 for 148,92€, gain is approx 43 according to tech sheet, should suit your needs, but if you can buy it locally for less, get it locally

As for thr Famaval, you won´t get it any cheaper than the Tecatel unless you have a trade account, and from what i´ve seen in my area there won´t be much difference in reception and the Famaval site won´t let me in at the moment to check the spec.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tdtprofesional have the Tecatel 135 for 148,92€, gain is approx 43 according to tech sheet, should suit your needs, but if you can buy it locally for less, get it locally

As for thr Famaval, you won´t get it any cheaper than the Tecatel unless you have a trade account, and from what i´ve seen in my area there won´t be much difference in reception and the Famaval site won´t let me in at the moment to check the spec.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. According to the specs, the gain on the Famaval 125 is 42.4. I sent a link to the Famaval spec sheet to the online supplier I mentioned and they confirmed that it's the same dish they are selling for 97 euros (aluminium version), but from what you say (Famaval won't be cheaper than the Tecatel) that can't be right. So I wonder what in fact they are selling. Maybe some kind of cheap copy?
 
Thanks for the info, very helpful. According to the specs, the gain on the Famaval 125 is 42.4. I sent a link to the Famaval spec sheet to the online supplier I mentioned and they confirmed that it's the same dish they are selling for 97 euros (aluminium version), but from what you say (Famaval won't be cheaper than the Tecatel) that can't be right. So I wonder what in fact they are selling. Maybe some kind of cheap copy?

If they are selling it for that, buy it! I buy mine from a Russian trader. I have to admit the dish alone costs me a little less than that, but is trade, not retail, BIG DIFFERENCE! If you can get a 42/43 gain dish for that price your not doing too bad in my opinion, but wait for advice from others in Spain who know more!

Sat Freak?
 
What about the difference between aluminium and steel? Is it just a question of weight (rust isn't a big worry in Madrid). The steel version is even cheaper, with 42.4 db gain.
 
What about the difference between aluminium and steel? Is it just a question of weight (rust isn't a big worry in Madrid). The steel version is even cheaper, with 42.4 db gain.

Cannot comment on which is better, but my FTE is steel and I wouldn´t trade it for an aluminium Famaval, or any other make. They don´t bend so easily and if you do "drop it" it doesn´t break!
 
Yes, my 1m dish is a steel FTE and is very solid.
 
Back
Top