Installing Dishes In Spain for 2E Chit-Chat

  • Thread starter Thread starter Archive4
  • Start date Start date
Ref to Pick was from the measurement using the S1 and I figured that as Astra and Badr both use 12207 it would be a case of crosstalk causing the snr (c/n in S1 speak) to drop. Thought that 2 signals on same frequency from "near enough" the same location would cause this. Anyway, I like Qatar TV!
 
Having thought for a moment, when I set up a 1m dish on Badr to pick up MBC, Fox etc, I was able to get Sky News as well (also on 12207) Was that because 2A was that strong that it "bled over" the Badr signal? FEC being the only difference?
 
Having thought for a moment, when I set up a 1m dish on Badr to pick up MBC, Fox etc, I was able to get Sky News as well (also on 12207) Was that because 2A was that strong that it "bled over" the Badr signal? FEC being the only difference?
My WF90 picks up Qatar TV fine (and a 1.8m dish is much more selective). If you were receiving Sky News when pointing at 26E either the dish is out of focus (bent for example) or the LNB depth is wrong.
 
My WF90 picks up Qatar TV fine (and a 1.8m dish is much more selective). If you were receiving Sky News when pointing at 26E either the dish is out of focus (bent for example) or the LNB depth is wrong.

It was quite some time ago, before I got my FTE up and running to get English TV. Dish was second hand and could well have been bent, out of focus or both. I was very new to sat then and could not even be sure frequencies on both sats were the same then. Either way, getting mbc, fox and sky news was a lucky fluke!
 
Quick qn...
when can we start to see the solar outages in the mornigns?
cannot remember the link that calculates it all.
TIA
 
In about 14 days.
 
Cheers - couldn't remember when - but I am sure I will know when it starts with all the calls emails and pms!!!
 
Another candidate for an upside down back mount.

20140924_132121_resized.webp
 
Always take the easy option! I would have dug a hole in the stones,,,,,,, and half the house!
 
Brian.....you mentioned the "Goobay" LNB was good a while back.......anyway..... I ordered a Goobay Quattro to test.......wow...what a brill little LNB.....the best I've ever tested ...even better than my trusty Opticum LNB........But the signal strength is too high for my Panny Freesat.....but thats easily fixed with a signal Attenuator.....Thanks Brian for the top tip....
Cheers......Steve in Munich.....with Gibby 150..............
 
Brian, have you used any Ferguson 103 receivers yet?
 
Brian/Huevos,

Any thoughts on how the Goobay Quad LNB performs compared to the MTI Hi Line Quad LNB, particularly with regards to horizontally polarized channels?
 
MM, no idea how it would perform for you on your dish, but on the dishes Brian and I are installing here the Goobay works pretty well.
 
Does the Goobay quad you are using have the model number as 67272? I'm impressed with the Opticum quad so curious to compare it to that.
 
Timo, cannot advise at the moment as the two I had have both gone, one I fitted in Quesada and the other I sold with my FTE dish.
Clown Man seems to rate it above the Opticum he has.
Menorca Man, I have never had the MTI Hi Line, but perhaps some else has compared the Opticum against the MTI and can advise?

H, have not fitted any F103 receivers, most of the people I have done work for recently supply their own Freesat boxes
 
Timo, cannot advise at the moment as the two I had have both gone, one I fitted in Quesada and the other I sold with my FTE dish.
Clown Man seems to rate it above the Opticum he has.

I can't see any other Goobay's on offer when I did a quick Google search but I thought I'd check before trying one. No rush though, probably won't be ordering one for a month or two anyway. I'm more interested in the higher frequencies since I have no reception of the UK spots in Finland but always willing to try a new LNB since I'm right on the edge of my limits at the moment.
 
Thanks for your replies guys. I've taken a flier and just ordered a Goobay Quad from Germany. BBC News HD on 11023H is my poorest channel so it'll be interesting to see how in compares with the MTI High Line.

As an aside, how sensitive would the skew setting normally be? I've used 3 different Quad LNBs (Grundig, Inverto BU and MTI) on this dish and found that I can set the skew a couple of graduations either side of DishPointer.com's recommended 18.6 degs before the quality reading starts to drop off significantly.

As folks can see from my previous messages, I'm no expert on satellite dishes and, at 71 years of age, am probably getting too old to be skipping over roof tiles!!!
 
The skew is now more important than it ever was, due to a data signal from 2C at very high level causing interference with signals from certain spot beam frequencies. Suggest you view the " Costa Blanca 2E / 2Fseasonal fluctuation thread " and " Astra 2C now back to 28.2 ......" for more info
 
Back
Top