Installing new Image - How much can be saved

gando

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX dm800
My Location
uk
Now that I am slowly getting to grips with the Dreambox I am wanting to change the image from Gemini 3.9 to Nabilosat Blackhole 0.8 mainly in order to get the EPG.
I have added lots of bits and pieces to the Gemini image - keys etc. and now have several satellites and programmes saved. The last time I changed an image I had to start from square 1 and it took forever to scan all the satellites and try and remember what I had installed and where I had put it!
Is there an idiots guide as to which files to save and how to save it and reapply to the new image? or is it back to the drawing board and reinstall everything the hard way?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Once you flash you will erase everything in flash memory.

Use DreamboxEdit or Dreambox Control Centre to back up your services and bouquets before you flash. You can restore from there once flashing is complete.

I wouldn't worry about keys, you can download them directly in the Darkstar2 image menus.

There is an Idoits Guide at the top of the dreambox section.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...diots-answers-questions-tips-tricks-rtfm.html

gando

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX dm800
My Location
uk
Used dreambox edit to save all the files but when trying to restore them it came up with an error of : saved info for flash contains no services or lamedb file.
On checking the saved files there was no services file but there was a lamedb file!!
The outcome was that I had to start from square one rescanning all the satellites, sort out ITV HD, re-enter keys together with sorting all the new features in Nabilosat Blackhole .8 - only to muck it all up by downloading the likra file and adding every satellite data. There doesnt seem to be a way to easily edit this so that I only have the data for the satellites I want.
I have had this Dreambox 800 since Xmas and find all the things I have working are brilliant , I have learnt a lot but I feel that I will still be learning next Xmas.
My main criteria is now to get an EPG working that is simple enough for my other half to work . Can I get a simple EPG with the 20 main channels that we watch in it and I will use the all satellites for the football programmes I watch in the oddball channels.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Blackhole 09 has been released. It has The Sky UK Epg Grabber built in, as does 08, you just need to set it up. Press blue twice to take you to the set up.menu.

Attachments

• epg.jpg
    epg.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 69
  • epg2.jpg
    epg2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 64
  • epg3.jpg
    epg3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 56