Intelsat 901 / MEV1 mission

Regarding signal issues on 27W remember we are in the spring equinox. We have been losing it at about 14.15 every day in The Canaries
 
Hi All
well it seems to have just come back on its self and my friends who is 5k away is on as-well
very strange .
thanks for all the info
:Y
 
INTELSAT 901

Real time satellite tracking for: INTELSAT 901

NORAD ID:26824
LOCAL TIME:22:56:11
UTC:22:56:11
LATITUDE:0.11
LONGITUDE:-25.25
ALTITUDE [km]:35847.51
ALTITUDE [mi]:22274.61
SPEED [km/s]:3.07
SPEED [mi/s]:1.91
AZIMUTH:211.2 SW
ELEVATION:+26.3
RIGHT ASCENSION:09h 23m 30s
DECLINATION:-08° 08' 35''
Local Sidereal Time:11h 16m 05s
The satellite is in day light​
SATELLITE PERIOD:1460m
​
 
what is going to improve on 27.5W this sat if already 907 have not so many transponders active.
 
good news then for those who couldnt receive freeview at least some few channels we could tune in.
 
Thank you,@William.I saw the map but I wanted to be sure that the footprint would be better on my area.Intel 907 has poor coverage on my area.Only a few enthusiasts catch this satellite. It seems Intel 901 will please many in my region if the current footprint does not change.That's why I asked you.
Regards
 
For other members of the forum to be aware of the cause (for a better understanding of the topic), I wrote on the meaning of all the below, without using technical words ...

Because I saw activity on this topic I documented on the subject ... it is a system (a vehicle) that can correct the orbit of a satellite (when it is no longer good), for that satellite to work more time than the expected lifetime.

It is worth mentioning that the repair vehicle uses its own engines when it adjusts the satellite's orbit and does not fuel the satellite's engines.

A satellite was chosen (Intelsat 901) ... the satellite was launched in 2001 ... with a life expectancy of 13 years ... and now in 2020 the orbit has been corrected ... that, its lifetime, will be until 2025 ... what I didn't understand, the moving vehicle, MEV-1 (Mission Extension Vehicle-1), will station with the satellite ... or place the satellite in the correct orbit. and then go on to make other orbit corrections to other satellites ?! ... I understood that it will station with the satellite and correct during its operation its orbit, so that it is correct.
 
Intelsat 907-Intelsat 901
Anyone have anymore information
On what’s happing with swop over ?
 
Back
Top