Intelsat 904 @ 60E

Captain Jack

Retired human
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hi,

Are there reception reports of any channels on Intelsat 904 @ 60E?

According to the footprint, it shouldn't be difficult up in Scotland but I guess it's not very easy further down south? Lots of Russian channels there, which would be nice to get.

CJ
 

Attachments

  • spot1 60e.webp
    spot1 60e.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 104
I've had a couple of signals from this sat in the past, although i haven't checked it for a while as my system is awaiting repair. Had results on the following 4 frequencies.
11077V SR 3300 FEC 3/4 Radio Package
11101V SR 4105 FEC 3/4 Bashkir TV
11489V SR 5788 FEC 3/4 NTV
11512V SR 2617 FEC 3/4 Nika TV
Nothing else other than these though.
 
CJ, just did a blind scan of 60°E with the motorised set up. Unsurprisingly, being this far south and west of the footprint I got absolutely no results. Don't know if this gives you a clue about reception where you are.
 
Thanks everyone. No chance of it with a Penta 85 in Bristol then. Don't think my 1.2m Channel Master would do much damage either...
 
..I did try to sniff this on my TD88...some while back ..
even though I was using a black ultra ..and got occasional Russian transponders from 66 East...I never managed a squeak from 60E here in Manchester.
rgds
VS
 
That's a shame. I guess your Alcoa wouldn't have any issues with that! I have a super clear view of the eastern sky, so hoping to get something from 66E on the Penta.
 
Captain Jack said:
That's a shame. I guess your Alcoa wouldn't have any issues with that! I have a super clear view of the eastern sky, so hoping to get something from 66E on the Penta.

..and there is the problem CJ ..
The Alcoa can see 62E in part only ...
at least 1/3rd of the dish is masked by a wall ...so it peeks over it ..like Chad ..
and since its a petal construction ..it less efficient anyway in ku ..behaving more like a 1.2 m ...and at 62E ...is made less efficient again by the wall..
 
Ever thought about knocking the wall down and feeding that troublesome tree some diesel?
 
...shared back wall mate ...so not wholey mine to take down ..

The one thing you don't want to do if you own such a big dish ..is P!ss off your neighbours..
;)

..The tree is on my dads land ..and he will let me trim it occasionally ...but doesn't want it felled..as this would only bounce back on him if the council got to hear of its demise.
so ..I just keep suffering the inconveniences.
rgds
VS
 
hi - Captain Jack -
i have same problem as vipersan with this sat --- a wall and beyond that a roof --
so loss of signal from 42 east onward:( 53 east is my limit .

cheers ---
 
Nelson, what's 49E in C-band like for you? I know there's a tree in front of VS's dish for that satellite but can't remember if he ever received anything from there.

I take that it's a no go on a 1.2m CM?
 
Captain Jack said:
I take that it's a no go on a 1.2m CM?
It might be possible because I get it all the way down here on the 1.5m.
 
I've tried for 60E a couple of times but not seen a trace of it. Zorch could be the chap to ask, bigger, more efficient dish and slightly further NE than some of us. Hopefully the 1.2 will be up in a few weeks time so I'll revisit it then.
 
Captain Jack said:
Nelson, what's 49E in C-band like for you? I know there's a tree in front of VS's dish for that satellite but can't remember if he ever received anything from there.

I take that it's a no go on a 1.2m CM?

hi -
its a slightly restricted view , but i can get 17 channels from 49 east C band - with the 1.8 -
about half of them are encrypted . signal strength is not brilliant on most and quite weak on 3777 Saba tv

my 1.2 dish (k/u again now ) is 45 e --- 45 w with restricted vision at either end - i,m looking to re - site it sometime this summer - if i can find a good spot .

even though i,m in the countryside here, my dish/views are obstructed somewhat by farm buildings

regards -- nelson.b.
 
Hi aceb et al,

aceb said:
I've tried for 60E a couple of times but not seen a trace of it. Zorch could be the chap to ask, bigger, more efficient dish and slightly further NE than some of us.

I'm sorry guys... I've tried to get Intelsat 904 at 60.0°E scores of times...including twice today... NSS 12 at 57.0°E is the furthest satellite I can get to the East... good signals from that sat... but... there's a house at the end of the street that seems to be just obscuring my line of sight when it comes to Intelsat 904 at 60.0°E... and it's also quite low on the horizon... especially for a built-up area like here...

Anyone got a JCB...? :-shh

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
hi all all i get on my dish is a data channel on c-band with about 50% quality.cheers
 
I'm also out of footprint of Intelsat 904 @ 60E , but i have reception (clear sky to the East) with my F15 receiver as follow

11674V 8.3 db
11512V 6.4
11490V 6.0
11105V 5.9
11634V 8.1
 
Good Morning all..

The Said African channels on Intelsat 904 C-band are on the Western Hemisphere Beam which covers Africa and extends to Europe and part of Russia as shown in the image below as per satbeam website... -http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?beam=5365

_http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6055/6998600547_28f6ba54d6.jpg

For best reception in Kenya you require a 2.4 meter (8 foot) Prime focus dish.
As per satbeams Europe is also covered with same size dish.
The are currently 14 active transponders with the ones on L (H) polarity offering Data.

_http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6117/7016105441_f4e9646ef2.jpg

_http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6117/7016105441_f4e9646ef2.jpg

Best frequency to track with 3757 R DVB-S/MPEG-2 Sr 2315 (NTV Uganda
_http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6238/6869995348_a248b3bafd.jpg

Snapshot of other channels on Intelsat 904 c band
_http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6110/6869994882_baafe8b0b5.jpg

WBS Video quality poor..
_http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7063/7016104485_da0c690872.jpg

_http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6043/6869942636_6b7e88ed43.jpg

NN24
_http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6111/6869943308_b1bc32e0a1.jpg

Please upload images, not link to them. Admin
 
Good Afternoon..

The Said African channels on Intelsat 904 C-band are on the Western Hemisphere Beam which covers Africa and extends to Europe and part of Russia as shown in the image below as per satbeam website... -http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?beam=5365

Intelsat 904 c band west hemi footprint.webp

For best reception in Kenya you require a 2.4 meter (8 foot) Prime focus dish.
As per satbeams Europe is also covered with same size dish.
The are currently 14 active transponders with the ones on L (H) polarity offering Data.

Intelsat 904 tps 1.webp

Intelsat 904 tps 2.webp

Best frequency to track with 3757 R DVB-S/MPEG-2 Sr 2315 (NTV Uganda
Ntv Uganda.webp

Snapshot of other channels on Intelsat 904 c band
Bukedde Uganda.webp

WBS Video quality poor..
WBS Uganda.webp

Intelsat 904 C Band Channel list.webp

NN24
NNS24 .webp
 
Back
Top