Intelsat 904 @ 60E

Here's a signal report for you CJ using my 1.2 Gib, 11072V 2170 with one video channel and two radio stations. No one was more suprised to get this than me! Dream shows it peaks around 85/35SQ, CS says -38.9dBm or 6.0dB SNR. I'll check this again later today to see if conditions and signal levels have changed.
 
aceb said:
Here's a signal report for you CJ using my 1.2 Gib, 11072V 2170 with one video channel and two radio stations. No one was more suprised to get this than me! Dream shows it peaks around 85/35SQ, CS says -38.9dBm or 6.0dB SNR. I'll check this again later today to see if conditions and signal levels have changed.

Woooooow! That's amazing! And on a small-ish dish like that. I really wish I lived where you do with the space that you have. Seems to me the optimum location in the UK for DX-ing. Do you get any other transponders from there like Aktiv TV ones, which are also on Spot 1? I guess you would have no problems getting the entire Spot 1 on your 1.8m.
 
No sign of 11072V tonight, it's there but not strong enough lock but I do have this one on 11491V 5787 34. 9TV Russia plus 3 radio stations, signal is 6.4dB so slightly stronger than Rostov Papa was at its peak.

I missed your reply in June CJ, sorry bout that! These two are the only signals I've been able to lock from 60E and I've just completed another BS, nothing else so far and unfortunately the 1.8 can't see further than about 25E at the moment.
 
You are doing well to get these signals pretty far out of footprint on a 1.2m. Aktiv TV ones are DVB-S2 so probably isnt' helping matters.
 
Back
Top