Intermittent audio dropout

Grumbles69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony XR 75' TV, Freesat 2TB Recorder, Denon Dolby Atmos Amplifier
My Location
Gainsborough UK
Sorry you also have this. I have to say their support is awful. The two main reasons I got this box were to use the app, and because it worked with Dolby. Neither are true, and their only response for months has been 'yeah we know it doesn't work and are working on it'. Been like that for about 18 months since I bought it.
Great news Guys.
I followed some of the suggestions here and it has sorted out the problem fully.
Just go into Freesat settings in the box. Change the audio out to stereo instead of the other options and voila! The problem is no more.
I hope this helps some other people who have this annoying problem.
Thanks to all of you for your support.
I now just need to work out why my amp turns on after I power off my TV, Box, and Amp. it happens around 5 minutes after power down and finally shuts down for good a few minutes later, but that will be another forams issue, not this one I would suspect.
Peace.

Grumbles69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony XR 75' TV, Freesat 2TB Recorder, Denon Dolby Atmos Amplifier
My Location
Gainsborough UK
Sorry you also have this. I have to say their support is awful. The two main reasons I got this box were to use the app, and because it worked with Dolby. Neither are true, and their only response for months has been 'yeah we know it doesn't work and are working on it'. Been like that for about 18 months since I bought it.
That is awful, but sounds par for the course nowadays. If the box has an inherent problem in that it says it will do something it clearly doesn't then your beef is with the seller of the equipment you bought the box from not the maker. I know that may sound odd but as you paid a vendor your contract is with them and also jointly if you used either a credit agreement or used a credit card as either part or full payment so long as it is over £100 spent on credit.
If it is over a year old it doesn't matter. The equipment doesn't do what it should.
Any questions you may have on this, just give me a shout or look on the Citizens Advice Bureau, Section 75 Consumer Credit Act, Sale and Supply of Goods Act.
You may find that you can legally fire a rocket up the vendors backside to get this sorted or who may after a small fight refund or replace or even find a work around to your satisfaction. As mentioned, you can also get hold of the credit situation you used and they will put pressure on both the vendor or/and the maker of the device to do something. It may take a little work your end, but if you show you mean business they will act.
Good luck

Last edited: