coamigo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish
two sky boxes
bush freesat box
My Location
United Kingdom
I had a Bush Freesat box, fed from an active Sky dish, wired in today by a professional installer. All downloads seemed to be ok and picture quality is great, but every 5 -10 minutes reception is interrupted. Screen goes black, sometimes a "No Signal" message shows, then after 20 seconds or so reception resumes. Any ideas?

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
coamigo said:
I had a Bush Freesat box, fed from an active Sky dish, wired in today by a professional installer. All downloads seemed to be ok and picture quality is great, but every 5 -10 minutes reception is interrupted. Screen goes black, sometimes a "No Signal" message shows, then after 20 seconds or so reception resumes. Any ideas?

This could be a connection problem ie:- loose connection although proffessional installers don,t often make mistakes with connections,but would be a good idea to check them, it could be a fault with the freesat box, could you borrow another to illiminate this? and check dish alignment, if all else fails,get the installer back.

regards Dave

G

Though I hate to say it, because my normal fiscal policy is "cheapskate mode" and I buy a lot of low-end electronic goods, the Bush Freesat Rx really doesn't have the best reputation.

So, if your Installer is not the guilty party here, I think you may need to return the Box for swopsies.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unlikely to be alignment, as it would generally affect the other boxes as well, so as Dave says, check the "F" connector at the receiver end to make sure that it is firm and the core is long enough and then perhaps move one of your other boxes to that connection and leave it running to test it.:)

If the connector is fine and the other nbox works, then it is likely to be your Freesat box.

coamigo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish
two sky boxes
bush freesat box
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks to everybody for the advice. Connections seem to be fine. What appears to be happening is that the scart connection ( "AV 1")is being dropped and the set is reverting to "TV 1" for the 20 seconds or so then back to "AV 1". Is there any point in connecting a different way from box to television?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Right, so it isn't a reception issue but a connection between box and TV. Have you tried the other scart sockets, or setting the TV on AV if you are able to, this should override the scart switching.

coamigo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish
two sky boxes
bush freesat box
My Location
United Kingdom
Only one AV available on this TV - Tesco special. This is an arrangement in a spare downstairs bedroom where my wife is recovering from surgery so I was trying to keep costs down. However we do have video/audio AV in and HDMI options. Any use?

coamigo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish
two sky boxes
bush freesat box
My Location
United Kingdom
Sorry, my mistake. That post should say only one scart on this tv. AV 1 and 2 available.