Advice Needed Internal playlist streaming not working

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
98cm motorised technomate. 50e to 34.5w
My Location
Europe
Hi all,
Me again. Bit of a strange issue that I'm facing with my Vu+ Duo 4K SE again, just as things were all peachy.
I subscribe to a legal niche IPTV service, which you can use in the browser or on various smart TV apps but I want to be able to access on my box. Since the stream links are tokenised and they last only 6 hours at a time, I have a server running on my local network which generates the tokenised link whenever I visit an internal link. This system is allowed by the provider but not officially supported.
Example: visiting http://192.168.2.2:8183/play/channel1.m3u8 runs the script and generates and forwards to the link https://tv.tv/channel1.m3u8?token=*************. This system works on any device that I try, including my little Octagon receiver, but not on my Vu+. I can tell that the link is working, because the box shows that it is "online" and fetching something, but then nothing happens. Also, one of the target domains for the links is different to all the others, and that one does work.
The only thing I can think of is that the token is extremely long; one of them was 734 characters. I find it a bit weird that this should be an issue though. I've tried changing the service type but this doesn't seem to help either.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Which image are you running?

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
BlackHole 3.1.0

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Blackhole is based on the official image, of VU+, and hasn't been updated in some time, most users have migrated to OpenBh.

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
If I update images, does that potentially mess up a lot of other stuff?