Invalid Ci Module

C

cowboy

I have just got a Matrix Reloaded cam 1.055, but when I put it in my Humax CI-5100 receiver it says 'Invalid CI module'. It does the same in a friends Humax receiver as well. Can anybody help please??

Thanks in advance.

Cowboy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried turning off at the mains and then back on whilst the CAM is in, Cowboy? There do seem to be issues with the matrix reloaded on first initialisation after flashing, it can be initialised using the PMCIA slot of a laptop with the correct drivers.

C

cowboy

Hi RolfW,

Thanks for your help RolfW,
you might have seen this post in a few forums, sorry about that but I wanted to get up and running quickly and I didn't know if I'd get any replies.

So on to the cam..... I've done all things, power off with cam in, out etc, etc.
Since my last post I have been round to a friend who has a Force receiver and the cam initialises and you can then enter the cam menu and it lists all the encryption system and software as being 1.055. I wasn't able to test it on a channel because he was just looking at astra 23 degrees, but everything seemed fine, at least it was showing a cam menu which is further than I have got with my Humax.
I had heard that if you initialised the cam in another receiver it would then work in the Humax, but after initialising it in the Force receiver it still came up with the message 'Invalid CI module' in my Humax.
Any other suggestions would be very welcome....you say there are drivers available to use in a laptop, what are they called and what sites might I pick them up from?

Thanks again, you've helped me in the past and I'm very grateful for your help again.

All the best.

Cowboy.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds strange Cowboy, normally the only problem with Humax receivers and the MR is the initiallisation after flashing.

Saw one of your posts, unfortunately I don't have access to a Humax of any description, so can't offer any first hand advice.

C

cowboy

Thanks RolfW

I'll have to keep surfing.
Any clues to the names of the drivers for the laptop?

Cheers

Cowboy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There is a file to download, Tutut has posted on Toecutter's Den, also has full instructions for windows 95, 98 and XP. It's in the MR section.