Inverto Black Ultra on an SMW dish

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Knowing that I couldn't readily attach my Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNBF to my offset dish, it being for 23mm LNB's, I made a bracket to suit the dish's arm.

A sleeve that used to be part of the fixed dish assembly for an SMW dish was tapped to take two locking screws. This slides over the arm perfectly, enabing adjustment for focal length. The LNB holder is a 40mm rainwater pipe bracket.

A quick check on AMOS 3 shows good results, I wasn't able to receive 11034V with the Invacom QDF-031 Quad it has replaced. More comparisons to do, but certainly happy with it so far.
 

Attachments

  • Invacom BU on SMW Dish.webp
    Invacom BU on SMW Dish.webp
    206.6 KB · Views: 75
Looks great, hope u do get better results. Although inverto has the worst customer service I have ever seen and never reply to 100 e-mails.
 
You could also easily "undress" the BU , there is a 23 mm neck under the cover .
 
Yes, I've seen pipino's post describing his conversion for a Channel Master feedhorn, and I have an old Inverto C120 LNB and the original SMW feedhorn. Just need the courage to do the business without ruining a perfectly good LNB. Or maybe wait for a C120 version of the Ultra (if it ever appears...)
 
Back
Top