iPhone - I want one...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
iPhone combines three products — a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching — into one small and lightweight handheld device. iPhone also introduces an entirely new user interface based on a large multi-touch display and pioneering new software, letting you control everything with just your fingers. So it ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, completely redefining what you can do on a mobile phone.

May not be called iPhone as Cisco say they own that name

Watch the demos here...

_http://www.apple.com/iphone/

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not convinced, it doesn't do a lot more than my ipaq and I'm not sure that I want all of that stuff in one device.

There seems to be an ongoing trend for companies to make things which they think the public ought to have, but which in many cases the public don't really want.

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
Yeah, I'm with Rolf on this one. I've got a Nokia N73 on Three's Xseries service and I can already do most of what Apple's new phone can do - and some things can be done better (my phone is 3G for a start - and it's got a 3.2 megapixel camera.)

The worst thing about the iPhone is that it's apparently locked down. So, no 3rd party apps. Some of the best stuff on my phone has nothing to do with the operator/carrier or the manufacturer. If Cingular/Apple don't want (or feel the need for) a certain app - or type of app - then Iphone users won't get.

The good things about the iPhone are the intelligent way it reacts to how you're using the phone (it knows if you're holding it up to your ear and adjusts settings - such as display - accordingly) and ease of use/realibilty can't be underestimated.

Oh, and as much as I like touchscreen displays (I've got a DS and love it!) they will get dirty very quickly with paw prints if used without a stylus. Doesn't matter how clean your fingers are either!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Watch the AD - LOL

[tube]1xXNoB3t8vM[/tube]

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;