irdeto2 in humax 9100

tomek

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just have installed the new Humax 9100 with twin tuner , HD recording and PIP possibilities.

I mainly watch encrypted channels through IRDETO 2 + CAM module.
The problem is that I cannot watch one encrypted channel and record at the same time another encrypted channel.
This function is working perfectly with free to air channels.

The same problem is with PIP mode (I cannot have two encrypted channels simultanuesly)

Is this a problem of IRDETO 2, to avoid multiple users??
Can I overcome it somehow??

Tomek

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Would certainly seem to make the second tuner redundant, unfortunately, don't know too many people with these twin tuner receivers, so can't think who to ask. We definitely have another member with one, but can't remember who it is.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
This is some receiver - just checked out the spec...

h**p://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/pvr-9100.asp

Does mention the dual recording function but not specifically using two CI channels. The Sky+ only uses one card and can record/view two different channels - not using IRDETO 2 I have to add.

You may be correct and IRDETO 2 doesn't allow this. It's about the only thing this box doesn't do!

If someone knows a way round this problem I'm sure they'll share it here.

tomek

Reaction score
Thanks for answering

It seems that I paid a lot of money for nothing..
Its bad for Humax also. They heavily advertise these functions (recording&viewing + PIP) but they never mention that this is not applicable for 2 encrypted channels...

rolfw said:
Would certainly seem to make the second tuner redundant, unfortunately, don't know too many people with these twin tuner receivers, so can't think who to ask. We definitely have another member with one, but can't remember who it is.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Have you tried contacting Humax for their comments?

We may be missing something - you can register and ask here...

h**p://www.humaxdigital.com/HCSA/default.asp

tomek

Reaction score
I have some news from Humax UK... They claim that it is not possible for Irdeto2 CAM to decode more than one channels at once (so, anybody who is using mainly coded channels should forget about simultanuesly viewing and recording, PIP etc.etc.) However I have some info that by installing a CAM MATRIX REVOLUTION Vers2, it will solve the problem. Anybody with experience from this CAM? (why this will perform differently than a normal CAM Irdeto2 ??)
Thanks and regards

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Whereabaouts are you tomek? Roughly of course :)

eze

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Whereabaouts are you tomek? Roughly of course :)
rolf i am in the united states what do i need to use the ideritio 2 fix and where is the fix

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah OK, was thinking that perhaps a nearby member might have a Matrix Reloaded CAM that you could test, but we don't have too many members in the US. You could of course buy one of these CAMs online, but there is no guarantee that it will work.

tomek

Reaction score
Any members in Poland??
I am living in Poland most of the time.

Tomek

rolfw said:
Ah OK, was thinking that perhaps a nearby member might have a Matrix Reloaded CAM that you could test, but we don't have too many members in the US. You could of course buy one of these CAMs online, but there is no guarantee that it will work.

jd58

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 9100PVR
DiSEqC motorised 80CM Dish

My Location
Wales
Tomek I have same problem using a reality cam with phoenix. I assume its the same problem Ive started another thread but know I found yours Ill delete it.

Did you get around the problem? if so could you pm me or post here.

Many regards:-ohmy

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
I wonder if it is possible to deal with it as the Topfield 5010OVR does? You simply record the program encoded then decode it using the cam on playback. If not I am certainly glad the the Humax would not deal well with subtitles so I swopped it with the Toppy!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jd58 said:
Tomek I have same problem using a reality cam with phoenix. I assume its the same problem Ive started another thread but know I found yours Ill delete it.
Did you get around the problem? if so could you pm me or post here.
Many regards:-ohmy

Don't hold your breath jd58, you are replying to a thread from 15 months ago and Tomek has not visited the board for over a year :-doh!

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Doh! Just returned from a few days away, posted before I recovered from a long journey. I honestly don't beleive it is age. :-bash

jd58

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 9100PVR

My Location
Wales
Thanks for your repys.

Has anyone taken this up with humax as it is against trading standards selling goods that do not do as stated in the description??oted channe

John T it wont do that because when viewing in PIP you can see one encryption channel but not the same channel in the other window at the same time it says scrambled?? so you can record the cleared tuner but not watch the other tuner clear. It only seems to work with FTA

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sorry, I did not fully understand your ltest post. Is it necessary to look at it in PIP to record? With my Toppy you simply set to recor then watch another channel. Though I have not tried it seems evident to me that I could not watch 2 coded channels at the same time. Unless, of course, I bought 2 Dragon cams and had 2 Sky cards.

jd58

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 9100PVR

My Location
Wales
It doesnt matter which CI slot you use, I have used the reality camm in both .

At present im watchin The last shot on Multivision 2 if i switch to PIP i get the film cleared in the smaller PIP box and scrambled in the main picture.

jd58

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 9100PVR

My Location
Wales
It doesnt matter which CI slot you use, I have used the reality camm in both .

At present im watchin The last shot on Multivision 2 if i switch to PIP i get the film cleared in the smaller PIP box and scrambled in the main picture. hyet when looking at astra 2 i can get bbc1 in PIP and bbc in the main. o it only works with FTA?