Is a TM600 suitable for a noob?

stubs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky+
Dell PC
My Location
Bolton
I've done some reading on here and a few other forums and thought I'd ask a few questions before buying anything.

Basically I have a standard "Sly" setup at home with all the channels fully paid for. Initially I was going to ring and order multi-room so I can watch from the comfort of my bed (already have an RF2 & magic eye, but no good for when the boss is downstairs watchin corrie). I then heard about c/s and figured it may be a better way of doing it.

I understand that it will cost me more to buy 2 boxes than it would to go through Sly but I'm interested in learning about these and also the future posibilities of recieving further FTA content.

My intentions aren't to steal from my service provider... I understand that they normally charge £10/m for the multiroom, but I believe this is to cover the cost of their equipment and installation. I already pay for the channels I recieve and will continue to do so.

I was initially looking at the dreambox, but didn't want to loose my PVR functionality that the standard sly box downstairs currently offers, and the DB with PVR is a little more than I would like to pay. I then heard about the TM600 and wondered how it compairs to the DB?

Would the TM600 be a good box to start with?
Will it allow me to c/s with a 2nd box upstairs using my paid up sly card?
How hard is it to setup? - I am ok at working things out.. am pretty technically minded and work in IT and am familiar with the likes of VBA... most importantly though, I like to learn new skills and enjoy a challenge Humping

Any help/advice/criticism would be greatly apreciated. Hopefully I am not in breach of any rules with this post, and as said, my intentions aren't to steal content.

Cheers,
Stu

A nonymous

Reaction score
OK, to be honest the TM600 isn't the best receiver to start with as there isn't a huge amount of support for it as yet :eek:

Do you require PVR functionality on both receivers or just the one?

If you only require 1 pvr i would go for 1 TM600 and a DM500s Clone :D

If you need 2 PVRs go for a TM600 & a DM600PVR or 2 DM600PVRs :cool:

I have had a few issues trying to get my Sky card to work on my TM500 which is basically a TM600 without the HDD and its been a complete painin the arse :mad:

It wasn't a problem getting it to work in any of my Dreamboxes or even my TM9100, but the TM500 didn't want to know with the new Sky white card )(-red

You will need NewCs 1.67 and Cccam 2.1.2 for best results :D

:-beer

Nano

stubs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky+
Dell PC
My Location
Bolton
Hi nano, thanks for your reply.

Are you saying its possible to mix the boxes up whilst c/s?
I only require the PVR downstairs to be honest.. Are you suggesting using a Dreambox as the master and the TM as a slave to overcome the white card issues?

Aren't there any con's about using a DM500 clone? Or does it just come down to reliability of the components they're built with etc..? Are they just as good as an original?

Would you recommend the TM9100 over the TM600 then? (assuming that's a PVR?)

Sorry for all the questions... I just dont want to go and spend out on kit that I find is useless to me or excessive for my needs

Oh, and this might seem like a stupid question, but does Sky's remote record still work on any of these linux boxes? I only ask because I just registered my phone to it and the novelty's not yet worn off for me LOL

A nonymous

Reaction score
Yes you can mix and match these boxes. As long as they are both running the same emu (I.e CCCcam, MGCamd, NewCS etc etc) they will quite happily talk to each other :D

As for the remote record, no that doesn't work with these boxes as of yet, although you can get them to start recording over the internet :toke:

I've used quite a few clones and they have all been as good as the original boxes :cool:

:-beer

Nano

smspop

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Waiting on install
My Location
Belfast N.Ireland
I'm trying to get my local card to work with a TM500 but without any progress, is it possible to get in working with CCcam2102+Newcs1.67, been at it days now