Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
For the benefit of the uninformed like myself would you care to tell us what it is? where it is? and what it is doing for you? :-worship :eek:

EDW

Reaction score
Topper said:
For the benefit of the uninformed like myself would you care to tell us what it is? where it is? and what it is doing for you? :-worship :eek:

Topper,

haven't tried it yet but those claiming to be in the know told me extras are availabe when you use it. You need to use it with a software called Web Search.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thats no help EDW. Google throws up 2 posts about Hyperc@m - and this thread is one of them.

Now spill the theoretical beans - we dont like "I know more than you do but Im not telling"

:D

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.2M Fibo looking between 45E - 60W, TM9100 Receiver running EDG-Nemesis 3.2 in flash
My Location
Wolverhampton
Hypercam is basicaly a soft cam which, when setup with info from a bit of software 'web searcher', unlocks a free c.s. facility on some Linux based sat receivers.
Not sure to what depth I can go to without breaking forum rules.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
That is odd as if you google it the way you have now spelt it it refers to some devious spying software which you load onto a pc and it videos everything that is done on the pc presumably to allow others to obtain passwords or banking details or naughty web cam sequences. Not one reference to any such softcam

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.2M Fibo looking between 45E - 60W, TM9100 Receiver running EDG-Nemesis 3.2 in flash
My Location
Wolverhampton
I think you'll find that the '@' way of spelling it is 'forum speak' so to say. This hypercam is new, I'd say less than a month old, and information is not widely available (or talked about). That's maybe why google throws up very little. It does work, although a bit hit 'n' miss.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Is is TM9100 specific or does it work on DB's as well?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
You would think they would use an original name or is it the intention to confuse.

Attachments

• hcam.JPG
    hcam.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 57

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wolverhampton
As far as I know, as I've never owned a DB, it's 9100 specific.

EDW

Reaction score
Topper said:
You would think they would use an original name or is it the intention to confuse.

Topper,

I use the @ symbol instead of 'a' so it does show on Google searches.

I will pm you what it is supposed to do, not tried it yet, for me simply getting the TM to move the bl@@dy dish to the right spot is a minor miracle. There is a new UR image out which has had lousy feedback so I am sticking with UR9b2 for now.

I am still using my old box (DigitAll World cheapo) for most things. I find that it has a number of advantages such as ability to watch sat tv and not drive the owner around the bend and the dish in to the wall.

The TM should come good in about the autumn is my guess and £109 for a networked pvr is pretty cheap in my book.

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wolverhampton
EDW said:
Topper,

I use the @ symbol instead of 'a' so it does show on Google searches.

I will pm you what it is supposed to do, not tried it yet, for me simply getting the TM to move the bl@@dy dish to the right spot is a minor miracle. There is a new UR image out which has had lousy feedback so I am sticking with UR9b2 for now.

I am still using my old box (DigitAll World cheapo) for most things. I find that it has a number of advantages such as ability to watch sat tv and not drive the owner around the bend and the dish in to the wall.

The TM should come good in about the autumn is my guess and £109 for a networked pvr is pretty cheap in my book.
I've got Hyper installed at the moment, it does do what it's supposed to do but is very unreliable. Sometimes it's fine, others it's very 'blocky'.
As for the ur010 I find it a great improvement on the 009b, since installing it, i've had no reboots or lock up's at all.

EDW

Reaction score
Not tried it yet but read the bad reports. Wanna try it but can't be bothered to spend another two hours wondering why iBoot does not work.

How long have you had UR10 going for, any problems at all?

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wolverhampton
UR10? Been using it since the day it came out. The only problem I had was the lack of emu save. This was cured after a re-install. BTW, I'm running TM009 in the flash with all other systems on MMC via iBoot.

EDW

Reaction score
Site Services said:
UR10? Been using it since the day it came out. The only problem I had was the lack of emu save. This was cured after a re-install. BTW, I'm running TM009 in the flash with all other systems on MMC via iBoot.

Running ur10 from flash, it's okay, some emu problems, TPS auto dodgy, and some problems with D+ and prem, using Mgcamd v1.24 have to blue button and restart emu.

Lost all sat positions apart from 19east, bummer. Takes ages to find sat positions.

Will give iBoot another go soon before I melt the flash. Still only using it as experimental box, too many bugs and zapping is very very slow compared to my current box.