Is Astra 3B at 23.5 Deg East receivable at Riyadh - Saudi Arabia ??

al_madhi

Regular Member
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi, ppl Is it possible to receive Astra 3B at 23.5 Deg East at Riyadh - Saudi Arabia If possible what is the recommended Dish antenna size - I know this is a European satellite and its coverage -foot-print far away from Middle East Region But I asked this question when I saw this foot-print for this satellite over The Arabian Peninsula ( Saudi Arabia & The Gulf States ) shown below

رwhich shows that the EIRP Level = 49 dBW with this transmission power Only a 60 cm dish antenna is enough to receive the signal from this satellite . Actually I used a 165 cm dish antenna and no signal received and the dish is aimed directely to the satellite position how come I did not receive any signal is this shown in the foot-print shown above not for TV-Channels only for computer data information or what for ??. Please advice

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Removed IMG, uploaded as attachment [Admin]
 

Attachments

  • 1333863415941.webp
    1333863415941.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 149
That's a specific Middle East Beam for Data Services, not TV.

See _http://www.flysat.com/astra23.php

In particular a single Transponder at 11765 H 30000 Auto using S2 and 16PSK Modulation

Not sure what Data it is, but what is clear is that you cannot get any TV services from 3B.


Edit: Of the other Beams, it looks like there is some possible coverage for TV from the "Europe Wide" Beam, but it tails off rapidly at the northern of the Arabian Peninsula
 

Attachments

  • astra-3b_europe_ku_band_wide_beam_L.webp
    astra-3b_europe_ku_band_wide_beam_L.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 212
Tivù said:
That's a specific Middle East Beam for Data Services, not TV.

See _http://www.flysat.com/astra23.php

In particular a single Transponder at 11765 H 30000 Auto using S2 and 16PSK Modulation

Not sure what Data it is, but what is clear is that you cannot get any TV services from 3B.


Edit: Of the other Beams, it looks like there is some possible coverage for TV from the "Europe Wide" Beam, but it tails off rapidly at the northern of the Arabian Peninsula
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASTRA 3B Astra 3B offers coverage of Europe to provide distribution of DTH and cable broadcast services, and also hosts high-speed internet access platform ASTRA2Connect. Its steerable Ku-band spot beam over the Gulf region is highly suitable for domestic VSAT networks, government and broadband applications.

What is
domestic VSAT networks ?

But There are TV-Channels received look at the frequency chart from Lyngsat.com the two freqencies received from this satellite which is TV-Channels How come I cannot get any TV services from Astra 3B Please explain ???

Admin edit. Do not post live links, too many to edit, so had to remove all.
​
 
Because 3B comprises several different Beams. Only one of those Beams stretches towards Saudi Arabia and it carries Data, not TV.

The other Beams are concentrated on the intended audience in Western Europe, primarily.
 
Which channel(s) are you specifically interested in?
 
Analoguesat said:
Which channel(s) are you specifically interested in?

I am trying to receive channels transmitted on these two frequencies 11914 H 27500 3/4 and 11934 V 27500 3/4

from Astra 3B at 23.5 Deg East some people have received them in The Middel East Region is it true that this satellite Astra 3B in receivable in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia or not Please Advice
 
Well, those Transponders are on the "Europe Wide" Beam, whose Footprint is shown at my earlier Post #2.

As also stated in that Post, the Footprint tails off rapidly as it hits Saudi Arabia.

So without local knowledge, we can only say "maybe", as Footprints can only be treated as a rough guide.

You would need someone living in that area to provide a "yes" or "no" and to state what size dish you'd need.

Also, for 11934, you'd need an S2 capable Receiver.
 
11934?

The German Parliamentary channels are dull as hell, so presumably you want CT1 HD - which will also require a Czech Link subscription as well as an DVB-S2 capable receiver
 
try to set to freuqncy dvbs to pick first signal
it look 1.8m can get same freuqncy
 
Here, in Tbilisi (East Georgia), so called "european beam" of 3B is OK on 60cm dish, but fades quickly in rain (very interesting comparison, say we have 7dbi signal power on both 1M wide beam and 3B europe beam, each are on separate 60cm dishes. Rain started... 1M will hold up quite well, but 3B will fade away very quickly).
 
Not sure about 23.5,
but some people are geting Astra 28.2 (28.5) Sidelobe on a 2.8 meter prime focus dish in Bahrain.

The satellite footprint is not even close to the Gulf area.
Trying to get a 2.8 m dish to see if I can get the same result (runing out of space on my roof).
 
We're receiving several transponders from Astra 2B North beam on 1.5 meter primefocus. As others say (I haven't seen by myself) on 2.4 meter north beam comes almost complete and several transponders from south beam also do appear. Reception is year time dependent, worst is august-september, and best is january-february.
 
BM300, can you tell us more about 28.2E/28.5E reception in Bahrain or in UAE/Saudi peninsula in general which particular frequencies can be received ?
 
deepbluesky said:
BM300, can you tell us more about 28.2E/28.5E reception in Bahrain or in UAE/Saudi peninsula in general which particular frequencies can be received ?

Hello,
The beam receivable is the 2B Northen European beam with strongest signal on 12403-27500-vertical -2/3

h**p://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2B.html




cf3f43a16b.jpg


a4f7624c1c.jpg


f97b0184f2.jpg


8ceb201fd8.jpg



de458db3eb.jpg


4cd23ef00e.jpg


2003a894b0.jpg


96c10e78ff.jpg



c32111fc32.jpg


4e9accbe71.jpg


22c056617b.jpg


d7c95b25e5.jpg


06e0f8e538.jpg


8bcfaffcb7.jpg


bb27c1b32d.jpg


b1c476313a.jpg


3259dd2b0c.jpg


29299c5297.jpg


d63ff14130.jpg


66e7e97cf2.jpg


edab03e18d.jpg


302cf1d204.jpg


2234584d8e.jpg








 
Impressive. So you do get all frequencies of 2B North and nothing at all from the rest of the beams ?
 
Hi Al Madhi,

I've tried all the equipment available on the market in Bahrain in order to receive ASTRA 3B 23.5E Europe wide beam, but no joy. The largest dish I could get here is 2.4m prime focus. I also have 1.65m offset/probably the one you are trying with/ which can't do the job either. I searched all across the island and I could'nt find anything bigger than what I have. I'm quite positive that in Riyadh with a 1.8m offset you will be able to get it. If I find something and I have any success I will let you know. If I get it here you should have no problems is Riyadh, I guess.


BM300,

If these screenshots are made in Bahrain I am really impressed!!! Can you tell me where can I find 2.8m dish here? I thought it's impossible to find. The Sat shop owners think I'm nutts asking for bigger than 2.4m. They say "no one is interested, so we don't have it. Only you are asking" Quite big British community here and if they can watch Sky UK they will be interested. PM me if you prefer.

Regards
 
dzmei said:
BM300,

If these screenshots are made in Bahrain I am really impressed!!! Can you tell me where can I find 2.8m dish here? I thought it's impossible to find. The Sat shop owners think I'm nutts asking for bigger than 2.4m. They say "no one is interested, so we don't have it. Only you are asking" Quite big British community here and if they can watch Sky UK they will be interested. PM me if you prefer.

Regards
This info is out of date - 2B was withdrawn from 28E a few weeks ago, and is now located at 19E as backup. The newer birds at 28E are more restricted towards the east in their coverage areas.
 
Analoguesat said:
This info is out of date - 2B was withdrawn from 28E a few weeks ago, and is now located at 19E as backup. The newer birds at 28E are more restricted towards the east in their coverage areas.
Oh, I've missed that. Well you never know... Even 2B "on paper" was impossible to get in the Middle East.
 
There's always a way to receive these sats. As long as they're line of sight, but you'll need a massive dish. This legend has proven that, he managed to receive Astra 19e in South America. Sadly he's passed away now.
_www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_a5MYlR_cU
 
Back
Top