Is component video HD?

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Sorry, still confused having spent the day trying to work out if my TV(Sony KLV-L32M1) is HDTV ready. It has a sticker saying it is, but I bought it 18 months ago, and it has component video sockets (Y, Pb and Pr) but no HDMI or DVI socket. If I buy the Humax HDTV box( or the Pace) and connect it via component video to watch the world cup on BBC FTA on 28East, will that be high definition? Or is it similar to connecting it by Scart(ie a good picture, but not true HD)?

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment until I find a receiver.
My Location
yookay
Yes, you will get hd picture, if you connect a HD receiver and HD ready TV with component cables. But that will give a video only. For audio you need further cable that is Yellow & White.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
ckrys1 said:
Sorry, still confused having spent the day trying to work out if my TV(Sony KLV-L32M1) is HDTV ready. It has a sticker saying it is, but I bought it 18 months ago, and it has component video sockets (Y, Pb and Pr) but no HDMI or DVI socket. If I buy the Humax HDTV box( or the Pace) and connect it via component video to watch the world cup on BBC FTA on 28East, will that be high definition? Or is it similar to connecting it by Scart(ie a good picture, but not true HD)?

I bought the Sony KLV26HG2 This was before the HD Ready Logo's appeard. Worry not my friend. Yoou have Component u r okay for now. At least till 2010. BBC HD is working nicelt through Component. Also so the Hollywood Film Studios have dropped the ICT( Image Contraint Token ) on the forthcoming Blu Ray HD DVDs. But in 2010 u will most likely to invest in a new HDTV with the HDMI HDCP nonsense.

PS .. I have the Humax HDCI 2000 working beautiful with BBC HD. Look at my posts at http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=65949

Shahid

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yookay
Shahid, please be advised that even though you get hd peictures via component, it is analogue. If you want to enjoy digital, you must have hdmi. Better you buy a HDMI cable then you dont need audio cable seperately.

HDMI cable handles video and audio.;)

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
good2talk said:
Shahid, please be advised that even though you get hd peictures via component, it is analogue. If you want to enjoy digital, you must have hdmi. Better you buy a HDMI cable then you dont need audio cable seperately.

HDMI cable handles video and audio.;)

I do not have a HDMI input on my telly. Just Component.

good2talk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yookay
If you get the deal Buy one Get one Free, please pass on to me the free one...LOL...