Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Anyone got any ideas whats happening with Hottie 1? The closure of 4 analogue channels in the last coiuple of days has masked the fact that loads of channels have been pulled off it in recent days. In fact I make it at least 7 transponders have been shut down, with Flysat reporting another one on the point of ceasing today.

Its 10 years old now, so its getting to the end of its lifespan...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Can find any information on Hotbird 1 (Eutelsat 2F6) being in trouble.

If is is coming down they may want to keep it quite.

More...

The last of the EUTELSAT II series (EUTELSAT II F-6), this satellite was designed to provide television and entertainment services from the 13° East orbital position, which is the prime position in Europe for reception of consumer television and radio. It provides sixteen channels with a broad coverage of Western Europe, permitting direct reception of these services in the home and reception via cable distribution networks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
European sat operators are not good at reporting failures / problems with their birds. I dont think SES have ever officially acknowledged the turning off of 1B last November yet...