Is it possible to receive another satellite..

Kargo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Turksat 42E
Astra 28.2 E - Sky Digital
My Location
Essex
Is it possible for me to pick up a signal from 40e with my dish aligned at 42e or am I just stupid for asking :p just out of curiosity really.

If not, is their anyway I might be able to receive satellites close to 42e using the same dish without the need to realign, maybe some sort of LNB?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Post moved to dish set up section.

Having only a 2° separation, motorising the dish would be an option. Even multi-bracket arrangement would be pushing it for those two sats :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
What size dish do you have?

I can't get 40E on my 1m dish when aligned to 42E, but it may work on a smaller dish. Try scanning the transponders and see if you can pick anything up.

39E shouldn't be a problem though, with a 3 degree monoblock, but again it depends on your dish size.

Really though, if you are serious about getting olther satellites, motorizing gives the best 'bang per buck'

Kargo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Turksat 42E
Astra 28.2 E - Sky Digital
My Location
Essex
Thanks for the replies guys :) Just scanned 40E and 39E with my dish fixed at 42E and it found nothing as expected. I am looking into getting my dish motorised, its 80cm and I think my receiver supports it as their is a motor setting available, I would love to be able to get a range of satellites without losing Turksat but ive read that its a bit costy.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Kargo said:
but ive read that its a bit costy.

Not costly if you have the time and patience to do it yourself. There are plenty of tutorials on here and members willing to help if you get stuck

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Nothing really on 40East with a dish of your size at your location.

Cheapest upgrade would be a motor to get a number of satellites, but a larger reflector will get you so much more.