Is Reception of Intelsat4 72° E possible?

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien2 Dual Tuner; CM120w/Inverto quattro on7°W; Triax 2X110, LNBFs:3BEST 1 quattro 13E 1 quattro 19.2E 1 single 28.2E multiswitches for the quattros and a satrix disecq 1.0.
My Location
Brussels Belgium
I cannot use a motor because it makes noise and disturbs the 12 floor's residents. So I am stuck with fixed dishes and I have none pointed to 36E.
At the moment, I have a channelmaster 120 pointed to Nilesat and i get almost all the middle-east footprint. But I have problems with the Wide footprint.
On this there are both vertical and horizontals. I do not get any of the new low band frequencies.
I intend to use a feedhorn with a c120 flange to improve reception along with the cm180.
Keano uses, successfully, a 2.4M in manchester which is is further away from us.
So I suppose a CM180 would be enough.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hi Canofan!
for a 1,20m Dish,you can also use a diseqec motor, for e.g Bigsat,this makes no noise.and you can move your antenna,also in the night,without weaking up the nabours :)
i wondering,why all jager motors are so loud?

the much bigger egis motors,does not make so much noise,then jager acurators!

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien2 Dual Tuner; CM120w/Inverto quattro on7°W; Triax 2X110, LNBFs:3BEST 1 quattro 13E 1 quattro 19.2E 1 single 28.2E multiswitches for the quattros and a satrix disecq 1.0.
My Location
Brussels Belgium
Hi Turok
Thank You For Your Intervention.
The Diseqc Motor Makes Less Noise.
But It Is Noise Nevertheless And Being Just Above The Bedrooms.
Besides The Permission That I Have Got Does Not Allow Using A Motor.

jakenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
I am curious, you do have a permission for a 1,20m dish but not for a motor?
Most of the time it's the sight of a mounted dish that's bothering people. A motor is nearly visible so that can't be the problem. And if you use it only at daytime probably no one would complain.
There's so much more to see up there in the sky, I really would consider of using a motor.

Jakenl

canofan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brussels Belgium
I shall post images of my setup.
The dishes, I have got three, some with multifeed, are invisible from the ground.
But the grinding of the motor will be heard on the last floor of the building, as they are situated above their bedrooms.
I do have to supply Astra-Hotbird signal to anybody in the building when they require it, the system has already three clients.
The use of quattro's and multiswitches was therefore necessary. You cannot use quattros with a motor and distribute.
But the multidishes solve partly the problem.
I already see Nilesat, AB2 at 8°W,Astra, Hotbird, Badr, AB3 at 5°West and Eutelsat at 7°East. Hispasat will be next. I should be able to add more. I was considering Intelsat4, but that issue is now out with the decision to upgrade Nilesat to a 1.8m. Badr, also, would become redundant, because all Badr is found also on the upgraded Nilesat. So I shall recuperate this dish.
I shall probably use the CM120 and the Triax 110 for other directions.
For distribution in the building my obligation ends at 4 lnb's: Astra, Hotbird, Sirius and Thor.
The rest I get through a non-committed switch for my own use.