ed the spiv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star 2.4
pace ds430n
My Location
denia
hi guys

need help and advice.i am moving to spain december Pego Costa Blanca.
spoke to my mate he's told me that i need big dish.so i have got aset up of fortec star 2.4m which is 6 petals 0.3 lnb
pace ds430n box
because of the shipping i thought this would be the best way can anybody tell me of any problems or pitfalls going this route

kind regards...........................ed the spiv

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
ed the spiv said:
hi guys

need help and advice.i am moving to spain december Pego Costa Blanca.
spoke to my mate he's told me that i need big dish.so i have got aset up of fortec star 2.4m which is 6 petals 0.3 lnb
pace ds430n box
because of the shipping i thought this would be the best way can anybody tell me of any problems or pitfalls going this route

kind regards...........................ed the spiv
The biggest pitfall is the dish, which is probably the worst 2.4m you can buy. The location you are heading for is right in the middle of Spain's reception 'black hole' and is the most difficult in the country.
The FortecStar are very difficult to set up, have no instructions, and are poorly finished. Mine gave abysmal results here in Madrid. I suspect even when they are correctly done they have a gain equivalent to a good 1.5m offset.
There is someone who says he is getting reasonable results with this dish in the same area near Valencia. You can see the discussion on the Astra2D forum:
http://astra2d.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=Reception&action=display&thread=1115457879&page=1

markhaggis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m prime focus dish
Pace 2600 digibox
Aramiska ARC 2000 internet connection
My Location
Costa Blanca, Spain
What size dish are you using in Madrid.
How much did you pay for the 2.4m panel dish you buy.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
markhaggis said:
What size dish are you using in Madrid.
How much did you pay for the 2.4m panel dish you buy.
I paid £150, which was about £149.99 too much. I think they go for more than this on the Costa Blanca.
I am currently using a 1.25m Gibertini dish, which gets BBC 1 all day and BBC2 part day, mornings and late afternoons.
I was using a 1.5m Gibertini, which gave really good results. I sold it recently to a neighbour.
I'm just about to move house, after this I will get a 1.8m Prodelin offset which has been proven to get all BBC 24 hours. The FortecStar will probably go in the bin, unless someone on this forum wants it for a few euros.

ed the spiv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star 2.4
pace ds430n
My Location
denia
snap thanks for the replies when i get to spain i will have plenty of time on my hands so it could be my project while i'm in spain it beat's buying a ruin 4 walls no roof in the middle of nowhere to re build.i wonder if scrap metal gets a good price............regards ed the spiv.