Is the monoblock bust or am I just stupid

absoluteb

Reaction score
My Location
London
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on a problem I am having.

I purchased a monoblock lnb for astra and hotbird reception. Problem is when I change the switch number on the receiver this seems to have no effect on the LNB (signal stays the same when focused on a particular satellite, i.e. still receiving from the same "eye" regardless of switch number).

Is there something wrong with the DiSEqC switch or am I overlooking something.

Cheers
AbsoluteBeginner

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may be using the wrong level of DiseqC command, what options do you have in the receiver?

absoluteb

Reaction score
My Location
London
I'm not sure. It’s the Technomate 1500 CI+. Not sure of the relevance but the receiver says DiseqC 1.2 (or 1.1 can’t remember) switching and the box of the LNB says DiseqC 2.0.

How do you go about changing these levels (if you can with this receiver)?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into the LNB setup menu, how are you selecting the different LNBs?

absoluteb

Reaction score
My Location
London
Using DiseqC switching (we are referring to the monoblock as two lnbs right? - that makes sense instead of talking about 'eyes') The switch, I believe, is built into the monoblock. On the Sat setup menu you can select your satellites and assign the switch number. In another menu section you choose that you want DiseqC switching (as oppose to the varous motorised options).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Some monoblocks use only use mini A and mini B

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can select which type of DiseqC to use, Simple, Mini, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0 etc.

absoluteb

Reaction score
My Location
London
Thanks. I will give it a go next time I'm home.

absoluteb

Reaction score
My Location
London
Hi.

I couldn't find any options to change the DiSEqC switch level in the menus, however I downloaded Technomate software and in their editor you can choose between level 1.0 and 1.1, but not 2.0.

So am I to understand that it does not support 2.0?

What do all these numbers mean? Are they related to the power of the switch?

Thanks

absoluteb

Reaction score
My Location
London
I hate to do this, but I am posting to bring my post back into attention (sorry).

But I need to know finally whether or not this monoblock is bust or just incompatable with my box - so I know if I can return it or not. Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Most LNBs will work with level 1.2, you just have to make sure that you are correctly numbering each output.