Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like a good price, haven't tried one though. :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi T-E-E-N-A,
you might as well pay the extra and get a CAS 3, if you search the web you should find one for just over £50, including cables. I bought a CAS 2, when they first came out, to convert a MM to a MR, and haven't used it since. It proved to be useless, in my case, so I bought a Dragon Cam, and haven't used it since.
I have read of a number of people buying a CAS 3, because it is claimed to repair a damaged Dragon Cam, which apparently requires taking the Cam apart, soldering wires, and then the CAS 3 can repair it. All the people I have heard from, that have attempted this, have failed to get it to work. It might be wise to read around the forums and see if you really need to buy a CAS interface, and what extra channels your upgraded CAM might give you. It might prove wise to save your money and wait for the next devlopment that can open new channels.
Best wishes
Mickha

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Thanks Mickha, I won't be jumping into anything too fast, I have learned to be patient. In this hobby, things change so quickly. :-ohmy