Is this a real dreambox??

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
hi i,m looking 4 a new receiver to use for ccam and found a website and it claims to be selling DREAMBOX 500s for £38 reduced from £60.82
i,ve heard of fake dreamboxes this site looks genuine but are the real dreamboxes that cheap??
i dont know if i,m allowed to post the link or not but maybe someone can tell judging by the price any help is appreciated

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
For one thing, they stopped making DM500s over a year ago, so its almost certainly a clone. Also, the price would be way too cheap for a genuine box.

That being said, £38 is not a bad price for a clone. Assuming it works.

If you are going for the lower end Dreamboxes, I'd recommend the DM600 . The DM600 will happily drive a Diseqc motor as well as being generally a good box. (Clone or original, I've not seen any difference)

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
compufunk said:
For one thing, they stopped making DM500s over a year ago, so its almost certainly a clone. Also, the price would be way too cheap for a genuine box.

If you are going for the lower end Dreamboxes, I'd recommend the DM600 . The DM600 will happily drive a Diseqc motor as well as being generally a good box. (Clone or original, I've not seen any difference)

cheers m8 i thought it was 2 good 2 be true

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
compufunk said:

can i get ccam on the DM600 or a falcon recevier ? i was offered a falcon and was told it was a copy/clone of the DM could you recommend a falcon model ? i,m looking at the lower end "not 2 expensive" well 4 the timebeing that is

A nonymous

Reaction score
If the Falcon is a copy/clone of the Dreambox 500s i would avoid it like the plague if your intending to go motorised O-no

The DM500 & its clones don't have the power to move a motor that well. the ones i had were sold on very quickly before they went through the window :D

If your after something at the cheaper end of the market try the Technomate TM500 or TM600 boxes. They operate a motor with no problems :-righton

The support is a little lacking at the moment for them but there are 2 image teams that are currently supporting them and to be honest i do expect more teams to come on board in the future :D

The TM600 is under £90 and you can also install a hard drive into it to make it into a PVR :D

:-beer

Nano

father ted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just new , i have a 1meter dish, connected to open media twin unit (cable/sat)and this moment am a ladder fiend ,my wife sends meals up to me via pigeon but im loving the learning curve
My Location
scotland
go for the 600 if i was you .loads of support for these boxs ,you can also put in a hdd and record from the tv

ITS A SCAM !

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Oscam Debian dedicated server
Sempron 3000+ 1.5gb ram
Omnikey 3121 USB reader
Smargo Smartreader+
Technomate TM-600 pvr
Technomate TM-2300 Super
85cm Dish 0.1 lnb
Dreambox DM500s Clone
Spiderbox HD7000
My Location
United Kingdom
I have had a clone Dreambox DM500s for nearly a year now. I also have a coax run of 25mtrs up to my Technomate motor. I have to say that i have never had a problem moving my dish with my Dreambox DM500s. I think it really helps to use good quality coax, as voltage drop seems to be the problem. I am not saying that it will solve your problem, But Voltage drop causes many problems in all electrical applications, and using a coax with a very low resistance etc will most certainly improve the quality of the installation..

shnsqr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
Hp Pavilion DV4 1135EE
My Location
Bahrain
I have a clone dm500 and i think its same as original I see no difference
go ahead and buy a clone, its functioning well with no problems at all

A nonymous

Reaction score
I think it really helps to use good quality coax, as voltage drop seems to be the problem.

I use Webro HF100 which is a good quality CAI benchmarked cable so that was never the issue :D

I still never managed to get any of my DM500s or Clones to operate a motor that sucessfully so like i said before, If your going motorised avoid them like the plague because you will end up putting it through the window :-lmao