Is this CAM SoftCell version compatible?

hondo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan DVB-S
FireDTV DVB-C
Win XP.
GB-PVR software (www.gbpvr.com)
My Location
New Zealand
Can anyone help me out? I'm in New Zealand and trying to get a DVB-C / Irdeto setup working, but am having some problems which I think relate to the version of the Irdeto CAM I'm using.

I am able to scan locate all the channels and their associated PIDs, but I'm not able to decrypt any of the channels, with either the software I'm developing (see www.gbpvr.com), or with other software thats supports my capture card and CA module. The operations guys at my c a b le company have indicated that they dont currently pair their smartcards to their set top boxes, so that should not be the issue in this case.

I've using my an Irdeto v01.06 Module, which reports SoftCell v2.09. The c a ble companies set top boxes report SoftCell ver 2.24. Is this likely to be the cause of my problem? If so, can you tell me if the CA modules with the appropriate version of SoftCell are available? Is possible to by Irdeto CAMs with SoftCell 2.24?

I appreciate any comments or feedback you can provide.

hondo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twinhan DVB-S
FireDTV DVB-C
Win XP.
GB-PVR software (www.gbpvr.com)
My Location
New Zealand
In case its relevent, the CAM is P/N 904063 Rev1.0

hawk28

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Got Satellite receiver IRDeto embedded
My Location
Middle East
Hi guys! Im reading your thread and im newbie also in satellite receivers.

I got IRDeto embedded on my satellite receiver w/c has softcell V2.24 CAM. Do i need still to buy a IRDeto system or just a smart card that will run on my IRDeto?

I got channels (FTA only) but i want to open/decrypt the others, how im gonna do it?

Pls help.

thanks in advance:-Cbigsmil

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What channels are you wanting to decrypt, there aren't many available with a card, apart from a genuine subscription card..

hawk28

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East
Thanks for the response rolf.

I'd like to access other channels like movies,cartoon network, ESPN, Multivision etc.

How to use my IRDeto? in case i buy card, which card is the best?

Also how to update/decrypt channels using a software that can be dowloaded from PC to receiver? Any guide will help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
With things like Multivision, aside from them changing keys every 15 minutes or so, you need a multicas on your receiver, Irdeto embedded will not produce any goods. What make and model is your receiver, some are software flahable.

hawk28

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East
Hi rolf,

Its one of my problem. I don't know the manufacturer of this receiver. May be u can help to identify this:

Name: GLOBAL SERIES
Make: Made in Korea
CAMS: Softcell V2.24
IRD: 36.4.43

I tried to locate in the web this receiver so that i can download a uploader but none is showin on the result. Have you known this? Pls help me. I like to download a software that can decrypt channels like Multivision.