Is this stuff any good

P

poser

My friend told me that if im going to by som new digital stuff this is what i should get what do you thing about it:

Humax IRCI-5400
100 cm Dish
1 universal-LNB
1 SAT HH-100" DiSEqC 1.2-motor

Then patch the Humax so i can get Viaccess and Seca

He said that with this setup i was going to be able to recieve about 1000 channel if i use a pic2card/silvercard

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes, it's true. And that's a decent enough bit of kit. Only thing to watch out for if you buy he 5400 new is that you don't get the new 5400z model. That is not patchable. The original patchable 5400 is no longer manufactured and limited stocks are getting pricey.See recent posts on this board for more info on the 5400/5400z, cards, etc.

2old

P

poser

thank you very much for that reply

yeah i will check so i get a 5400 and not a 5400z

the thing that bothers me it that i will not be able to get
the channels on Conax with this and i want c+/c+ gul and femman (swedish) channel
ok maybee the conax will be hacked but i don't know that now and it's alot of money to put on that kit if you don't get those channels later :/

tricky situation
theres so much to choose from when it comes to digital stuff

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
But you can get Conax on a 5400 by using a Conax CI CAM (available everywhere) and either an official card or else a commercial pirate "Dream" card (expensive but available)
2old

P

poser

well i know that i can get a module like that but man i can't afford to pay for the dream card or the channels at all if im gonna buy that package :D but i guess you could hope that conax will be hacked and released soon.

i read that they had been able to modify the 5400z so it used the old firmware so you could patch it like the old modell

i just hope that a dealer in sweden will bring them in.

One dealer i was thinking about buying from answered my mail today about if he had 5400 or 5400z he still had 5400 and he was going to get one last delivery with them but the prize had gone up :( so he also had tro raise his prize.

Well total madness in my head now i don't know what to do :D

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The 5400z can be loaded with the loader+firmware from the 5400, so making it patchable.
See here for more detailed info.
http://www.axs-ict.nl/humax5400/Talen/English/humax5400Z.htm

Not widely known or available yet, but seems sufficient reason to avoid panicking and paying inflated prices for the original 5400...

2old