Is this system worth £150

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Hi there, I dont really know much but I know a motorised one is best, I have found this one for sale and would like some input on whether its a good system to buy and at a realistic price, its 2nd hand in the paper.oh yea and it is digital isnt it???
The Package includes all the following
ECHOSTAR AD3000 IP VIACCESS RECEIVER WITH DOLBY DIGITAL

TRIAX 88cn SOLID DISH

GEOTRAK SG99 GOLD SILENT H-H

MTI 0.6 DB UNIVERSAL LNB

VIDEOSENCER VS30E/R +3 WAYHS

SECA (ASTON) COMMON INTERFACE CAM

3 SCART Sockets

REMOTE CONTROL

USER MANUAL

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
doesn't sound bad for the money, up in lancashire you might want a bigger dish one day but to start off it's not bad kit. don't know what you'll pull in on your ast*n cam, MR cams are hot at the minute...

-cts

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
"ast*n cam, MR cams are hot at the minute"

I dont want to appear a little thick but what does this mean?is this like a slot for a card?

also would u say its worth £150 ?
thanks Daren

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si+40GB, DiSEqC H-H DarkMotor, Gibertini 1m, Inverto Black Ultra LNB - 42E to 30W.
My Location
Manchester
Hi mrminibus

cams (Conditional Access Module) are these thing which goes into your digital receiver, and programmed with the right software/key, it unlocks encrypted channels...or so I believe! I dont have a cam yet but I'm working towards that. you need to read up on it, it gets interesting. also search for the word "satellite cams" on ebay to see what they look like.

rai

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
cheers buddy...

ill take a look u said 1.2 might be small is that because of the footprint thingimi bob?... I have only just realised there is more to this than sky... so how many channels do u get? is it worth subscribing to a card ? Daren

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hello Mr. M tis me again - this kit is ok for the money if it is in good order, (check) . The 88cm Triax is probably one of the best in it's class and if you add the price of a motor to it then you will be looking at ~ £100 so you are off to a good start. Put out some feelers on here about the Box as I haven't had one to play with. But if it all works then you are probably not being robbed.

Oh by the way see lyngsat.com if you want to know how many chnls you can get.(45E, 42E, 39E, 36E ,28E, 26E, 23E, 19E, 16,E 13E, 10E, 7E, 5E, 1W, 7W, 8W, 12.5W 15W, 22W, 30,W, 37.5W 43W, 45W) are all easily 'gettable' from where you are so there is a bit there to look up.

Glad you stuck with us :)

L

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
That bundle is worth £150.

I have an Echostar AD3000IP ( and a Technomate).

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I have to say that if that lot is in reasonable condidtion and fully working, then it's a reasonable price. Beat him down to £120 in the safe knowledge that you did OK. :)

Quality receiver (if a bit old), strong and robust motor, superb dish (if a little small, but I'd say this is a great starter dish too). The rest is a bonus.

Yes it's digital (and analogue), yes it's a fair price, and yes I'm the seller. Not really! :D

Search this site on the model number for more info (I did). Found some problems with upgrading the firmware though. Maybe that's been solved. Try and see it working, and driving the motor if possible.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I've never upgraded the firmware on my Echostar it's still 901. The built in 36V positioner is an asset. You can also sell the bits you don't want in your local free paper which makes the item even less than £150.

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
mrminibus said:
cheers buddy...
ill take a look u said 1.2 might be small is that because of the footprint thingimi bob?... I have only just realised there is more to this than sky... so how many channels do u get? is it worth subscribing to a card ? Daren
I live near you m8 (same town) and I get loads with a well set up 80cm solid dish. From 45E - 45W. Don't bother subscribing to anything yet, you'll have enough with just the free channels to keep you amused for hours :)
When you start getting into it, you could invest in a decent cam.
Don't ask me what's decent though, there are loads of different ideas here.:D
Any help you want, let me know. As I said, I'm local to you (Brandlesholme)

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Hi there,

yep I stuck...
Although the more i learn the more i realise its very little i know...
Is it me or is there too much information to absorb in a very short time???:confused

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
So whats decent? (only joking)

I had an old sky think it was srx 400 reciever and the amstrad dish I only threw it away about 6 months ago would that of done me?
I think the dish was about 80cm wasnt it?
I know brandlesholme well , I live near jericho so its only about 4 miles, any chance of taking a look at your system to see what it works like as i have only talked the theory, Im not a sierial killer or anything ? Daren:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Ecxhostars are a cracking bit of kit, although have a steep learning curve to begin with. The remotes wear out fast - (mine lasted less than 3 years with hard use)

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
wow you must really hammer your remote if you wear it out in 3 years...
The general opinion seems to be that this one is not the newest of recievers but is a pretty adequate one so I wll carry on reading for a bit but so far its looking good...
Could i recieve sky through it as i already have a sky system and i subscribe so if i could recieve sky would it just be the fta or could i somehow couple up my sky card through it?

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
If you want Sky (uk) encrypted channels you need a Sky digibox and a sub viewing card. If you want FTA channels on 28E which inc things like Sky News then there are lots of receivers to choose from.

I have a Sky digibox but I only watch FTA at 28E, and an AD3000IP and Technomate. The Technomate is better for some of the Sky Italia as the Echostar pixellates on some of the Italia channels.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
mrminibus said:
wow you must really hammer your remote if you wear it out in 3 years...
The general opinion seems to be that this one is not the newest of recievers but is a pretty adequate one so I wll carry on reading for a bit but so far its looking good...
Could i recieve sky through it as i already have a sky system and i subscribe so if i could recieve sky would it just be the fta or could i somehow couple up my sky card through it?

The remotes are badly designed, and the contact pads under the buttons sstop responding to pushes. Its a common problem with some types of Echos. Replacements are not cheap either. And yes, the remote and receiver have a LOT of use!

And as someone else has said, no you cant use your Sky card in anything except a digibox.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
My Echostar remote works fine except to switch the receiver off and on.I have to use the button on the front of the receiver. The fact that the AD3000IP is analogue and digital is handy.I sometimes use a little fan I bought from M***in to keep it cool.

P.S. Hello A.S. (Mr R).

I received my Globecast poster, thanks for the link that you gave elsewhere.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
£150 thats a very good price to pay for all that lot.excellent value for a nice starter set.

ENJOY!!!

TWAG

kungpo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 8082ci, Matrix Reloaded, Aston Cam 1.5, Black ICE. Metronic DisEQC Motor, 80cm Dish, Monoblock LNB.
Dynamite USB, Intel P4 3.0Ghz, Intel Cel 3.06Ghz
My Location
Slough