itv digital unit

monkeyboy

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Evening All, Will I still be able to use my grundig digibox to watch the free to view itv/bbc channels .Thanks.(sorry if thats a muppet type question but Ime only a beginner.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Apr-02 AT 08:48 PM (GMT)]Should be fine Monkey Boy, it would appear that there is a government will to at least keep the free to air stuff rolling and I believe this will continue with their effort to restart the pay TV side. Mind you, I also believe that Lord Lucan is alive and living in Newbury, next door to the Dalai Lama and his wife Joan of Arc. :)

Rolf

monkeyboy

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Thanks Rolfw - not only are you a wealth of information but also a very funny man!Hopefully one day I,ll be able to reply to one of your questions on the forum

froggs

Reaction score
Website
www.froggsltd.com
My Location
Rotherham
Hi,

Just two questions, They say that they will continue to broadcast FTA channels for the time being, is this, (1) because of the Pace £99 stb or (2)because the goverment want the BBC to maintane DVB Broadcasting. Also If itv stop broadcasting tommorrow will they want there boxes back because if so, then there won't be much point in continuing with the FTA channels as i don't know any one who has got the Pace £99 box. One last thing, if they do not collect the boxes will they keep charging the monthly subs.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Apr-02 AT 11:25 PM (GMT)]>Hi,
>
>Just two questions, They say that they will continue to
>broadcast FTA channels for the time being, is this, (1)
>because of the Pace £99 stb or (2)because the goverment want
>the BBC to maintane DVB Broadcasting. Also If itv stop
>broadcasting tommorrow will they want there boxes back
>because if so, then there won't be much point in continuing
>with the FTA channels as i don't know any one who has got
>the Pace £99 box. One last thing, if they do not collect the
>boxes will they keep charging the monthly subs.

Froggs, that's four questions :) In my opinion..........

1) No

2) Yes

3) Probably not, they'll probably make some kind of settlement with the customers and any possible takers of the service.
4) No

Of course the above is only my opinion and may be proved totally incorrect, but logic would dictate that something similar will occur.

Rolf

G

groundsman

As majority of admin staff have been paid off I doubt they would have the resources to collect boxes. To ensure no further charges are made cancel direct debit.
At least film four and e4 are still running.
I wonder if they are considering a take over?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Doubt it groundsman, Channel 4 have just returned their first loss in many years.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
WHO`S THIS YORK CITY CHAIRMAN being touted as the latest saviour for ITVdidge. and correct me if i`m wrong didn`t york city nearly go to the wall last year, Is he some kind of patron of lost causes.
DAVE

G

groundsman

Just heard from a friend who phoned ITVD to find out about refund plans that a package will be sent to all subscribers with details and that they are planning to take back boxes. Still don't know how they hope to do it. But maybe all MOSCs should be reverted just in case, eh?

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
How do they collect all the ITV Digital boxes? Easy,just send every subscriber a reply paid extra large jiffy bag,and either ask them to take to a post office,or arrange with parcelforce,securicor,or any other nationwide parcel company to collect at a pre-arranged date,convienient to both parties,failing which to do would mean the subscriber paying in full for the receiver.If you dont like this one i have many other suggestions!!.........Brian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The only reason I could see for them taking the boxes back, would be that they have an overseas buyer (There is a Russian consortium rumoured to want them). Any UK based buyer is likely to want them for UK based business and that being the case, they are better and more valuable where they are.

Having said that, ITV/ON Digital have not been renowned for making the best of decisions, I just hope that the receivers are more commercially aware.

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Perhaps Sky should be negotiating with any such Russian consortium and be offering ITVD customers a free digibox installation in return for their DTT boxes.
2old