Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Heres something for everyone in the UK who is old enough to remember the mid 1980's. Back in the days when we only had 3 tv channels, & satellite tv was for folks who has a lot of money and room for silly sized dishes.

In these halcyon days every ITV region had its own identity stings between programmes, and when you were watching a network programme then you got to see the idents from other ITV regions.

Most folks will remember the big channels like Thames, Yorkshire, Central or Granada, but here the full list of idents!

[tube]oQ4nBvzgo9E[/tube]

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I grew up in the Central region - aww how I miss the wonderful collection of sings and idents the presentation department did.....

Heres the full Central start up from the early 1980's :) Ah happy days

[tube]UEPlUOoApUo[/tube]

Things were never the same after they were taken over by Charlton.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Analoguesat said:
Heres something for everyone in the UK who is old enough to remember the mid 1980's. Back in the days when we only had 3 tv channels, & satellite tv was for folks who has a lot of money and room for silly sized dishes.

In these halcyon days every ITV region had its own identity stings between programmes, and when you were watching a network programme then you got to see the idents from other ITV regions.

Most folks will remember the big channels like Thames, Yorkshire, Central or Granada, but here the full list of idents!

[tube]oQ4nBvzgo9E[/tube]

And the winner? The Anglia knight of course!

The equestrian statue was, I believe, bought by Anglia after spotting it in a jeweller's shop way back in the late '50s, and is still on view somewhere in Norwich.

Llew

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Anglia? ANGLIA?? Aargh.

Live from Norwich Its the Quiz of the Week.....

Now heres real class - used 1969-1981

[tube]W9UUeUaXdcs[/tube]

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
From the ridiculous to the sublime - Anglia had the long-running (30 years?) award winning Survival wildife series, predating many of the nature programmes we see now.

Back in the early days of ITV, it was marvellous for us to see the Anglia from the new Mendlesham transmitter in all its pristine glory after trying to recieve London through the snow.

Llew